Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Special|| Pulls plants to the right|
Plants next to him are tossed off the lawn
|In-game speed||Does not move|
|Absorbs||50 normal damage shots|
|Weakness|| (Plant Food)|
(about to bounce)
|First seen||Big Wave Beach - Day 22|
|Everyone is tired of Fisherman Zombie's fishing stories. He's always bragging about the size of his catch. Time and time again, he claims to have caught "the big one." But the fact of the matter is, no one has seen him actually catch a fish. Not once. It's more than a little suspicious.|
Fisherman Zombie is the 12th zombie encountered in Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. He pulls the nearest plant to the right one tile at a time until it either falls into water or it reaches the Fisherman Zombie itself, after which he will throw his catch from the lawn, destroying it. He cannot hook plants considered "low to the ground," such as the Iceberg Lettuce, but they may still be pushed forward from behind via another hooked plant.
The Fisherman Zombie wears a light green bucket hat that is decorated with fishing bait. The bait on it features a white and red colored egg, a blue and red colored egg, and a red colored fish on it. He wears a light red collared aloha shirt with aquamarine colored flowers as designs on it. Plus, he also wears a green colored fishing vest buttoned up with pocket on his lower left and right respectively. The Fisherman Zombie also sports in a black colored lifebuoy with white linings, allowing him to hold his position on the ocean for fishing. His fishing rod is colored orange.
Casts line to pull far plants to him.
Special: Pulls plants to the right
Special: Plants next to him are tossed off the lawn
Everyone is tired of Fisherman Zombie's fishing stories. He's always bragging about the size of his catch. Time and time again, he claims to have caught "the big one." But the fact of the matter is, no one has seen him actually catch a fish. Not once. It's more than a little suspicious.
Fisherman Zombie absorbs 50 normal damage shots and degrades at 17 normal damage shots when he loses his left arm, just like the other zombies when they reach half health.
Even though the Fisherman Zombie cannot eat your brains by himself, his special ability can easily allow other zombies, who are capable of eating your brains, through your lawn. Because he does not move and stays at the back column of the lawn, he is often safe from close-range plants like Snapdragon, Chomper, and Bonk Choy, while long-range plants will have trouble killing him before he can drag down multiple plants.
Aside from instant-kill plants like Cherry Bomb and Tangle Kelp, the Magnifying Grass can kill him the quickest with two shots at 100 sun. Banana Launcher is a good choice, especially when given Plant Food, as it can send a banana at any tile on the board, bypassing all other zombies. Planting a column of Banana Launchers in the back-most columns, then a row of defensive plants ahead of the row to be pulled forward by the Fisherman is a very effective strategy. That way, if octopi are on top of your defensive plants, you can bombard them with bananas.
The Infi-nut's Plant Food shield is immensely effective as it will block all incoming hooks, rendering all Fisherman Zombies useless as long as the shield lasts and that the plants are behind the shield.
Like the Octo Zombie, the Fisherman Zombie will always target the front-most plant first, so the player can plant literal "bait" to distract him by using sacrificial plants such as Puff-shrooms or extra Sunflowers and Sun-shrooms, forcing the Fisherman Zombie to waste time hooking them instead. Be careful as the Fisherman Zombie will ignore some types of plants even if they are in the front, such as Potato Mines, Iceberg Lettuce, and Lily Pads. Instant use plants like Blover are also useful to prevent them hooking plants. Simply put one in the same row as soon as the Fisherman Zombie tries to hook other plants. He will hook the instant use plant and provide as a one time shield. You could also leave a A.K.E.E or Laser Bean in the back so they can target all zombies in their lane. A Spring Bean in the tile in front of the zombie, with a Lily Pad will also block the hooking, due the fact that it will be at the floor and can't be hooked. Rotobagas and Ghost Peppers are also good distractions since they won't sink without Lily Pads due to them having the ability to fly over water.
Fisherman Zombie is at his deadliest in this level. When he pulls a endangered Guacodile, he will immediately rush towards an entire lane, causing you to lose the level. Infi-nut's force field will help as it can prevent them from pulling plants. Primal Wall-nut can also help with its fast recharge. Be sure to back the hard shell plants up with some area-of-effect plants like Laser Bean or Fume-shroom or instant kills like Primal Potato Mine to prevent hordes of zombies from destroying your defenses.
Fisherman Zombie is one of the hardest zombies to tackle in this Endless Zone. That is due to the fact that he does not move and can instantly kill your plants by dragging them into the ocean. His position makes it hard for close-range plants (Bonk Choy, Chomper, Snapdragon) to attack him without being attacked themselves, while simultaneously protecting him from long-range plants by letting him hide behind faster, stronger zombies (Surfer Zombie, Octo Zombie, Deep Sea Gargantuar). A combination of Banana Launchers, strong offensive plants (Melon-pult, Winter Melon, Bowling Bulb), and Infi-nut's Plant Food is recommended to stop Fishermen Zombies from dragging plants. Keep a Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, Squash, Ghost Pepper, Tangle Kelp, or Imitater version ready in case the zombies do break through the Infi-nut's shield.
White Radish cannot prevent the Fisherman Zombie from pulling it as he is not using mental energy to pull plants, so do not use them to counter this zombie.
- He is the third zombie added to stay at the back of the screen without moving and provide support for the invasion. The first being Imp Cannon, the second being Zombie King.
- However, most dinosaurs stay in the back, but are not considered zombies.
- Fisherman Zombie's ability is the only way to move underground plants onto Lily Pads. They do this by pulling the plant behind the underground plant forward, pushing it onto the Lily Pad.
- Cactus can be pulled onto a Lily Pad without a plant behind it. This is because it does not hide from Fisherman Zombie's line, and thus is tall enough to be hooked.
- Fisherman Zombie and Zombie King do not have their speed listed in the Almanac.
- This zombie is similar to other zombies in a way that moves plants from their tile:
- Qigong Zombie, a zombie in the Chinese version. However, Qigong Zombie pulls all of the plants in a lane, while this zombie pulls only the plant nearest to him and in front of the lane.
- Mecha-Football Zombie and Ankylosaurus, as they also move plants, despite moving the plants in the opposite direction.
- Excavator Zombie, as he also pulls plants towards the right. But, the only difference is that when the plant reaches the furthest 3 columns from the player's house, it will not get flicked off the screen; it will just stay there.
- Punk Zombie, as he also moves one plant at a time. However, Punk Zombie kicks plants in the opposite direction and requires a jam.
- His rubber ring is similar to Pea-nut's costume.
- He sometimes raises his thumb when he dies. This is a reference to ending of the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day, where the T-800 raises his thumb before he finally sunk into the molten steel he had himself lowered into.
- When his head falls off, the same sound effect plays as when the Zombie King dies, since they both have the similar dying animations.
- If he's killed by an explosive plant such as Cherry Bomb, he will die regularly instead of burning into ashes.
- Like Prospector Zombie, Zombie King, and any zombie facing backwards via pterodactyl, he dies instantly if he is the only zombie left on the lawn.
- He has the same health and degrade as the Zombie King.
- If his lane has only one plant, when he tries to pull that plant, digging that plant will make his fishing rod move further and suddenly back to his position.
- Air will leak out from the lifebuoy when he dies.
- He always dies regularly in many ways. This trait is shared with Zombie King.
- He can pull plants into surfboards if they are a tile behind one.
- He can pull Ghost Peppers if the plant behind the Ghost Pepper is being pulled to the furthest right tile.
- If plants get pulled directly next to him, he will fling the plants off the screen.
- He does not pull low plants like Lily Pads, Iceberg Lettuces, Spikeweeds, etc.
- Infi-nut's Plant Food blocks his hook and protects all plants behind it, similar to the White Radish in the Chinese version.
- If he tries to pull a Guacodile, he will do his rush attack. This can be a big problem in Big Wave Beach - Day 30 because if he tries to pull a Guacodile, the player will instantly lose the level.
- Although he can pull Guacodiles, if one is placed on water without a Lily Pad he will ignore the Guacodile. This probably occurs because the game considers a water-bound Guacodile a "low to the ground" plant.
- There can only be one Fisherman Zombie per lane. This trait is shared with Zombie King.
- If his lane has no plants, or all the plants in the row are low plants, the zombie will do nothing.
- If the player plants on the tile where this zombie will appear, he will be tossed off the lawn.
- Ghost Pepper can still be planted on this zombie.
- If replacing Ghost Pepper by Guacodile in this case, he will not be tossed.
- If the plant is somehow invincible, such as a boosted Rotobaga, when this zombie spawns on his tile, the game will crash.
- Fisherman Zombie is invulnerable in a short time after entering the lawn. This trait is shared with Zombie King.
- If he failed to hook plants, his fishing rod suddenly came back but after 3.1 update, if failing, the Fisherman Zombie will drag his rod instead.
- Spring Bean that is about to bounce a zombie cannot be pulled by Fisherman Zombie.
- In his Almanac entry in the Chinese version, the Fisherman Zombie is on land opposed to water.
- In the 3.5.1 update, when the Fisherman Zombie pulls a plant to water, the plant goes flying off stage. In addition, Fisherman Zombie can now push and pull offstage Rotobagas. It was fixed in the 3.6.1 update.
- If a Fisherman Zombie tries to hook a plant and there is a lava puddle in between, the plant will jump over and be hooked to the next tile. This is similar to the case with surfboard.
- The only time his legs are seen is on the banner for Big Wave Beach part 2.
- In the Chinese version, the Fisherman Zombie appears to be lacking eye pupils.