|Abilities||When played: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies.|
|Want to clear some mushrooms? Fire works.|
Fireworks Zombie is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 3 to play, and has 3/4. He does not have any traits, and his ability does 1 damage to all plant and zombies on the field, including him, when he is played.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Party Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
Want to clear some mushrooms? Fire works.
- ▲ Health change: 3 → 4
- ▼ Ability change: When played: Do 1 damage to all other Plants and Zombies. → When played: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Rare
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
Fireworks Zombie can clear weak plants off the board, and also has decent stats. As its description says, this is a good method of clearing out mushrooms, such as Shroom for Two, Poison Mushroom, or Mushroom Ringleader. However, his ability targets fellow zombies on the field, slightly weakening them and reducing their chances of survival. He has synergy with zombies that require themselves to be hurt in order for their ability to trigger. When using this with mushrooms, beware of Punish-Shroom, since it will heavily damage your defenses.
To avoid accidentally damaging your zombies, place the Fireworks Zombie first, followed by the zombie fighters you want to place afterward. If a zombie's ability triggers after being hurt though, this can be used if the lane is open. Zombies that go well with this zombie include:
- Any zombie who needs to be hurt or destroyed to activate their ability, such as Newspaper Zombie, Jester, Barrel of Deadbeards, Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, Gargantuar-Throwing Imp, or Hover-Goat 3000.
- Zombot Sharktronic Sub, which instantly destroys all non-Armored and non-shielded plants and gets boosted for every one of them.
You can also use this card to clear out weak zombies and then replace them with stronger ones. If possible, try to do this while a Valkyrie is in your hand to get even more benefit. Be careful - do it at the wrong time and you will lose nearly all your defenses. Otherwise, this fighter is good at taking out Puff-Shrooms or other plants that have 1 health.
Mixed-Up Gravedigger can also benefit this by allowing him to replay his ability when he is revealed from his gravestone. Mixed-Up Gravedigger will also restore the health of zombies damaged by Fireworks Zombie's ability so you can minimize the damage to your zombies. However, only Impfinity can normally do this.
You can play him in Laser Base Alpha if the field is full of tough plants, as he will destroy all of them with the Deadly trait. However, doing so will destroy all of your zombies as well, including himself, so consider using this as a clean up before using this combo. Graveyard can also surprise your opponent as he will immediately destroy all 1 plants that were played this turn, especially Shroom for Two and Puff-Shroom.
You would also want to avoid using this zombie if Mirror-Nut or Punish-Shroom is on the field, as playing it in this condition may harm you more than your opponent.
This zombie is a nuisance, especially if he weakens or destroys your tough plants. Due to his strength, Whack-a-Zombie can instantly destroy him, but only if you are playing as a Solar plant hero. If there are no stat-reducing tricks you can use on the turn he is played, you can simply resort to playing a plant in his lane in order to stall him. You can also play Mirror-Nut or Punish-Shroom to discourage your opponent from playing it.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Fireworks Zombie.
- His description makes a pun on the word "fireworks".
- During his idle animation, the pupil of his left eye sometimes goes slightly outside of the eye.
- This, Regifting Zombie and Trickster are the only party zombies that are not in two tribes.
- When played on Laser Base Alpha, Fireworks Zombie will do damage to all non-Armored fighters, destroying them as well as himself due to the Deadly trait. Strangely, fighters at the right of Fireworks Zombie will not be destroyed.
- A possible reason is that damaged fighters are destroyed from left to right until Fireworks Zombie himself is destroyed.