|Abilities||When revealed: Bounce another Zombie.|
|He's a little too eager to rescue kittens from trees.|
Firefighter is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 4 to play, and has 4/5. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives the Bounce effect to another zombie on the field, excluding him, when he is revealed. His plant counterpart is Rescue Radish.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Professional Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Bounce another Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
He's a little too eager to rescue kittens from trees.
- Rarity change: Rare → Uncommon
The same strategies with Rescue Radish should apply to this as well. You should use him to Bounce zombies with good abilities to reactivate them. However, if you want to Bounce zombies with the Gravestone trait, play Firefighter on the rightmost lane, as Gravestone zombies are revealed from left to right.
Zombies generally worth bouncing are as follows:
- Beastly (Only with Brain Freeze): Squirrel Herder, Loudmouth, Hover-Goat 3000, Zombot 1000
- Brainy (Only with Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus): Gadget Scientist, Leprechaun Imp, Cell Phone Zombie, Regifting Zombie, Electrician, Trickster
- Crazy (Only with Impfinity): Tennis Champ, Conga Zombie, Quasar Wizard, Disco Zombie, Fireworks Zombie, Valkyrie, Orchestra Conductor, Stupid Cupid, Flamenco Zombie, Foot Soldier Zombie, Disco-Tron 3000
- Hearty (Only with Neptuna): Sumo Wrestler, Landscaper, Trash Can Zombie, Celestial Custodian, Medic, Zombie Coach, Intergalactic Warlord, Screen Door Zombie, Coffee Zombie, Ra Zombie, Zombot Battlecruiser 5000, Rodeo Gargantuar
- Sneaky: Ice Pirate, Pogo Bouncer, Mixed-Up Gravedigger, Surprise Gargantuar, Zombot Plank Walker
Firefighter can also be used to prevent a heavily damaged zombie from being destroyed, or simply to reposition a zombie when there are no such tricks in your hand.
Super Brainz can do more bonus attacks with Gadget Scientist and Electrician. Impfinity is able to use this in tandem with zombies such as Jester so their health can be restored, or with zombies with "When Played:" abilities such as Fireworks Zombie. Brain Freeze can Bounce pet zombies to be played again, which can boost Cat Lady or Zookeeper. Neptuna can use this on zombies such as Landscaper or Rodeo Gargantuar.
However, if your deck does not have such zombies that can activate their abilities again, he is not recommended to use. Occasionally, this zombie can actually give you a disadvantage if you are forced to Bounce a zombie, exposing a powerful plant to hit you or reset any stat boosts that zombie had. Fortunately, he does have decent stats, but if you want more offense, Drum Major is a better choice due to his beneficial tribes, provided you have the zombies necessary to benefit him. Alongside, Secret Agent has a better bouncing ability, since it also boosts the zombie for +3/+3 for only 1 brain.
This zombie will Bounce another zombie, which is usually bad for you, as he can Bounce a zombie that has a powerful ability activated when played. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to counter his ability.
Since he has the Gravestone trait, the best counter for him is Grave Buster. However, if you don't have them in your hand and he gets revealed, you should rely on plants with high strength, as Firefighter has a lot of health.
- During his idle animation, his firefighter hat catches fire once every 3 seconds. This is ironic, since firefighters put out fires.
- His firefighter hat also catches fire when he is destroyed.
- His description is a reference to how stereotypical firefighters rescue cats from trees.
- He was the featured card in the April 12th, 2017's Daily Challenge.