|Abilities|| Time Snare|
Fire Rose is the Rare fire variant of Rose in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like any other fire-based character, the Fire Rose sacrifices some of her damage for the ability to ignite enemies upon a successful hit. Her primary weapon is the Scorching Scepter. It has 18 ammo and like the Frost Rose's projectiles, its shots can be charged to deal more damage, however a half-charged shot subtracts three rounds, and a fully-charged shot will subtract six rounds from its ammo count.
Fire Rose is scorching hot. No really, she accidentally set fire to Crazy Dave's garage last week. But if you thought her Scorching Scepter was effective against recreational vehicles, wait until you see it take out a squadron of Zomboss' finest.
Character selection screen description
Hold down fire to charge her Scorching Scepter. Each charge level deals more fire damage than the last!
Places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud, and slows down all Zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Rose into pure energy, making it immune to damage and allows it to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any Zombies hit by it into goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if it hits more than one.
Fire Rose's basic shots do less damage than the regular Rose, in exchange for setting targets on fire upon a successful hit. Similar to the Frost Rose, she can charge up her primary weapon. Stage 1 of charging allows Rose to fire 2 shots, each doing 15 damage as well as igniting the target. A fully charged shot will deal 50 damage as well as ignite the target. This means that Rose can charge a shot behind cover and then come out to finish of an injured foe or deal a heavy amount of damage.
Note that a fully charged shot can take away a great chunk of health from an Imp or its variants. Time Snare can be used to slow a foe and charge up a shot in the heat of battle, whilst, as usual, Arcane Enigma can be used to escape or damage a zombie. It can also be used after a target is ignited to rack up fire chip damage.
- In the Graveyard Variety DLC, the following nerfs were applied to her:
- Like all variants, her health was reduced to 100, from 125.
- Medium charged shot does 2x 11 damage, from 2x 15.
- Fully charged shot deals 50 damage, from 70.
- Her movement speed is greatly reduced when charging up a shot, and can no longer jump when doing so.
- However, in the Trouble in Zombopolis DLC, the following applies:
- Her speed penalty when charging is removed, so that she can retain the speed she had while charging before the Graveyard Variety Pack.
- She and Frost Rose are the only Rose variants to have unique eye colors.