- For other uses, see Fire Pea (disambiguation).
|"Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?"|
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Pea Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?"
Fire Peashooter is a fairly basic plant as far as 2-cost fighters go, due to its relatively decent stats and lack of innate ability. However, it does have a good strength stat for a 2-sun cost plant. In addition, its tribe means that Fire Peashooter can benefit from Torchwood, as it can gain both offensive and defensive benefits by standing behind the plant in question. Otherwise, Fire Peashooter should be treated as a Zapricot with less strength, as opposed to more durable plants such as Pismashio.
As Fire Peashooter has a relatively low amount of health, anything that could do at least 2 damage should be able to take it down with little cost. A Fire Peashooter + Torchwood combo, however, is a different story, and you should consider either using Deadly zombies, instant-kill tricks like B-flat or Locust Swarm, damaging tricks such as Bungee Plumber or The Chickening, or cards with plant-moving abilities such as Sumo Wrestler or Terrify to deal with it. If Fire Peashooter is boosted in any way, consider using Rocket Science. Beam Me Up is also a good counter to this plant, since both cancel each other out.
- Despite being a fire-based plant, it doesn't thaw zombies that are frozen.
- This is in contrast to previous games, where this was the case.
- Unlike its counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies 2, it does not do Splash Damage.
- This is because it is not in the Smarty class.
- It is also the only female pea plant to return from Plants vs. Zombies 2.