- For other uses, see Fire Pea (disambiguation).
|"Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?"|
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Pea Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?"
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Fire Peashooter is a fairly basic plant as far as 2-sun fighters go, due to her relatively decent stats and lack of innate ability. However, she does have a good strength stat for a 2-sun cost plant. In addition, her tribe means that Fire Peashooter can benefit from Torchwood, as she can gain both offensive and defensive benefits by standing behind the plant in question. She can also benefit from The Podfather, as she gets +2/+2 when the latter is on the field. Using both could be even better, managing to deal a whopping 7 damage, possibly to the hero, as long as you have The Podfather out first. Otherwise, Fire Peashooter should be treated as Zapricot with less strength, as opposed to more durable plants such as Pismashio.
As Fire Peashooter has a relatively low amount of health, anything that could do at least 2 damage should be able to take her down with little cost. A Fire Peashooter + Torchwood combo, however, is a different story, and you should consider either using Deadly zombies, instant-kill tricks like B-flat or Locust Swarm, damaging tricks such as Bungee Plumber or The Chickening, or cards with plant-moving abilities such as Sumo Wrestler or Terrify to deal with her. If Fire Peashooter is boosted in any way, consider using Rocket Science. Beam Me Up is also a good counter to this plant, since both cancel each other out.
- Despite being a fire-based plant, she doesn't thaw plants or zombies that are frozen unlike in previous games.
- Unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2, Torchwood can increase her strength.
- However, feeding Torchwood Plant Food in Plants vs. Zombies 2 can increase Fire Peashooter's damage slightly.
- She is the only confirmed female pea plant to return from Plants vs. Zombies 2.