- For other uses, see Fire Pea (disambiguation).
|Special|| Immune to frost|
Warms nearby plants
|Direct damage||2 normal damage shots|
|Weakness|| (reignites the torch and dynamite)|
(deflects or blocks projectiles)
(immune to fire peas)
|Unlocked||Spending 100 gems|
|Unlocked (China)||Beating Frostbite Caves - Day 11, Collect 10 Fire Peashooter Puzzle Pieces|
|Fire Peashooter knows that what she does looks exciting. But working with an open flame is serious and, more importantly, dangerous business. That's why, in her spare time, she talks to children about the importance of fire safety. "I'm a trained professional," she explains. "Don't try this at home, kids."|
Fire Peashooter is a gem premium and peashooting plant that was first added in the 3.2.1 update of Plants vs. Zombies 2. She was first confirmed in the Frostbite Caves Part 1 developer diary, and was available for purchase since February 18, 2015 for 109 gems along with the first Frostbite Caves Part 2 teaser Piñata Parties. She usually costs 80 gems though currently she costs 100 gems.
Fire Peashooter borrows the same attributes with Peashooter. Moreover, she is also a thawing plant, capable of emitting heat every three seconds that gradually thaws out frozen or chilled plants in a 3x3 area surrounding her, as well as being immune to all freezing effects herself.
SUN COST: 175
SPECIAL: Plasma Pea
Fire Peashooters shoot flaming peas down the lane.
Special: immune to frost
Special: warms nearby plants
Fire Peashooter knows that what she does looks exciting. But working with an open flame is serious and, more importantly, dangerous business. That's why, in her spare time, she talks to children about the importance of fire safety. "I'm a trained professional." she explains. "Don't try this at home, kids."
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Fire Peashooter blows a fire trail for three seconds that affects all tiles in front of her, destroying ice blocks and dealing a total of 90 normal damage shots worth of damage to every zombie on the trail. Prior to the Frostbite Caves Part 2 update, the Plant Food effect dealt 175 normal damage shots and had a range of only 5 tiles.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||175||5 seconds||3 bites||2 nds||Normal||11.25 nds||0%||N/A||Straight|
|2||10||1,000||175||5 seconds||3.5 bites||3 nds||11.25 nds|
|3||25||5,000||175||4.5 seconds||4 bites||4 nds||+ 1.6x||12.5 nds|
|4||50||10,000||150||4.5 seconds||4.5 bites||5 nds||12.5 nds|
|5||100||20,000||150||4 seconds||5.5 bites||6 nds||12.5 nds||5%||9 nds|
|6||200||30,000||150||4 seconds||6 bites||7 nds||13.75 nds||5%||10.5 nds|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||3.5 seconds||6.5 bites||8 nds||+ 2.2x||13.75 nds||10%||12 nds|
|8||1,000||50,000||125||3.5 seconds||7 bites||9 nds||13.75 nds||15%||13.5 nds|
|9||1,500||60,000||125||3 seconds||8 bites||10 nds||15 nds||20%||15 nds|
|10||2,000||75,000||100||3 seconds||9 bites||12 nds||15 nds||25%||16.5 nds|
**Per hit. The Plant Food effect does a total of 8 hits on all zombies on the trail.
***After reaching level 5, Fire Peashooter will have a chance to shoot plasma peas.
Her Plant Food ability now summons pillars of fire on each tile, burning any zombie in her path and deals more damage.
While Fire Peashooter initially deals similar damage to Repeater and has a lower sun cost, the fact that Repeater can work in tandem with Torchwood makes Fire Peashooter a less desirable choice in levels outside Frostbite Caves. Additionally, Fire Peashooter does not function well in tandem with ice-based plants, and can reignite Explorer Zombie/Torchlight Zombie's torch and Prospector Zombie's dynamite stick.
The main use of Fire Peashooter is in Frostbite Caves as a heating plant, as most other heating choices such as Pepper-pult, Lava Guava and Jack O' Lantern have a longer recharge time. This does not come for free however, as Fire Peashooter does not have as much damage potential as other heating choices. Fire Peashooter should be planted in the center of the defenses where she can help other plants quickly recover from the freezing winds. On the other hand, placing a line of Fire Peashooters on the front line can prevent Hunter Zombies from being able to freeze other plants.
Do not use Fire Peashooter against Imp Dragon Zombies as they are completely immune to fire damage. Therefore, she is not a viable option for Arthur's Challenge, as in addition to the Imp Dragon Zombies, Jester Zombies can also deflect the fire peas. Jester Zombie, however, cannot deflect Fire Peashooter's Plant Food effect.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Fire Peashooter.
- Her almanac entry references the importance of fire safety.
- In earlier unreleased versions, she used the helmet worn by Peashooter during her Plant Food effect.
- She is similar to Flaming Pea from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, but unlike Flaming Pea, she has yellow eyes instead of black, and the stem is all colored red instead of green.
- She is the only peashooter to be confirmed female in the Almanac within Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- When she is watered in the Zen Garden, her fire is extinguished, revealing that her body is identical to Peashooter's.
- If she has her costume on, the stab on the fork handle will appear before turning back into Fire Peashooter.
- If the player watches closely, they will notice that when it is fed Plant Food, its fire burns zombies before it can even get to them.
- Despite the fact she is listed as female in the Almanac, notifications for the Frostbite Caves Part 2 Piñata Parties and an advertisement for getting her seed packets in a Fire Piñata refer to her as male.
- If Plant Food is used on her when a Piñata Party ends, the fire will stay on the lawn until the event is exited. The same happens with Red Stinger.
- She, Laser Bean, and Bowling Bulb are the only plants to have their damage output changed in a subsequent update.
- In a teaser for the Chinese version, there is a frozen Fire Peashooter when it should be impossible for a Fire Peashooter to be frozen since she is a thawing plant.
- When she is boosted, her leaves become jagged like a fire instead of normal red leaves.
- Her Almanac entry states that she deals normal damage. However, its actual damage is moderate.
- If she shoots a fire pea and a Jester Zombie reflects it to an already damaged plant, the plant will die in a burning animation.