- For other uses, see Fire Pea (disambiguation).
Fire Pea is the Rare (Super Rare in Garden Warfare 2) fire variant of Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. His primary weapon is the Fire Pea Cannon, which sets zombies on fire, dealing continuous damage. Along with the Fire Cactus, Fire Chomper, Fire Flower, BBQ Corn, and Fire Rose, he is one of the six fire-based variants on the plants side.
The Fire Pea is a flaming sensation, able to withstand the heat of being permanently on fire. Fire Pea is very popular in winter and saves money on his heating bill.
Fire Pea ignites Zombies, dealing fire damage over time.
Fire Pea Cannon is the primary weapon of the Fire Pea; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The close and mid range damage base and critical are 26.
- The max DPS at said ranges are 51.2.
- The long range damage base and critical is 16.
- The max DPS at long range is 33.4.
- The splash damage at all ranges is 10.
- The weapon deals fire damage which deals 5 damage every second 4 times. The effect will not, however, activate with splash damage hits.
- The ammo in each clip is 12.
- The reload time is 2.6 seconds.
- The projectile speed is slow.
- The weapon is semi-auto.
- The bloom is low.
The primary weapon of the Fire Pea is called the Fire Pea Canon. It deals 12 to 29 impact and critical damage based on distance and also deals the same amount of splash damage as the normal Peashooter which is 10. It will also deal 4 fire damage over time, but unlike the Toxic Pea, the only way to activate the fire effect is to damage the enemy.
Chili Bean Bomb
With Pea Gatling, the Fire Pea roots into the ground, has 100 ammo to fire continuously against the zombies.
Hyper enables the Fire Pea to accelerate and jump higher. This can help with both defense and offense.
Sombrero Bean Bomb
An alternate ability of Chili Bean Bomb, Sombrero Bean Bomb launches a Chili Bean Bomb wearing a sombrero that has a longer fuse than the normal Chili Bean Bomb, but in return, gives off 250 damage and a bigger explosion radius.
An alternate ability of Pea Gatling. With the Retro Gatling, the Fire Pea roots itself into a special form of Pea Gatling. It has only 50 ammo and shoots slower but each ammo is stronger.
Super Pea Jump
Super Pea Jump allows the Fire Pea to jump higher but does not get a speed boost.
Heated Plant Food
Grown from heated plant food, the Fire Pea's reload time has now decreased.
Extra Hot Peas!
Ammo capacity increased due to the discovery of extra hot peas!
Incendiary Pea Ammo
Incendiary peas cause extra damage to Zombies.
Unlocking (Garden Warfare only)
In order to unlock this variant, the player must reach rank 10 with the Peashooter class. The player needs to do this by completing challenges (or using skip challenge stars) with the Peashooter and any of his variants. The player earns a character piece in the rank sticker-packs for each rank you level up starting at level 6 up to level 10, were the player unlocks this variant.
Garden Warfare 2
- Despite being constantly on fire, he can still take fire damage.
- This is true with all fire variants.
- According to the description of Fire Flower, there was a fire pea that once went on a date with a Sunflower.
- This could mean offspring, or that he is the father of the Fire Flower, It is also possible that a freak accident caused the aforementioned Sunflower to be set ablaze by the Fire Pea.
- Unlike Fire Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Flaming Pea in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, Fire Pea is male.
- He, Fire Chomper, Yeti Chomper, and Garlic Drone are the only plants mentioned in another plant's Stickerbook entry, being mentioned in Fire Flower's entry.
- In the first Garden Warfare, his eyes are the same color as the normal Peashooter, however in Garden Warfare 2 they glow a bright orange.