(translation: Fire Gourd)
|Sun cost||200 sun|
|Usage||Tap to fire|
|Special||The longer time charged, the stronger the fire is|
|Reload time||12 seconds|
|Unlocked||Beating Kongfu World - Day 3|
Fire Gourd (火葫芦; pinyin: huǒhúlu) is the second plant obtained in Kongfu World in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. When tapped on, it breathes fire at a short range that deals moderate damage to zombies. It requires ten Fire Gourd Puzzle Pieces to unlock. Fire Gourds have to recharge after being tapped on, similar to the Coconut Cannon and Banana Launcher. The longer it takes to recharge before tapping, the longer its range is.
It is based on a dried bottle gourd, which is commonly carved in China as an ancient tradition. A fire gourd, or calabash, is a bottle that oil, water, or wine is stored inside.
It is also based on a character who was born from a gourd and is able to breathe fire in a Chinese cartoon: 葫芦兄弟(pinyin: Hulu Xiongdi; in English: Calabash Brothers). The costume of this plant is similar to the ones that characters in 'Hulu Xiongdi' (Chengdi) wear. What Dave says when the player sees Fire Gourd for the first time ('Look, there's a gourd! Is there any wine inside?') also hints this fact, because in the cartoon, the monsters captured Fire Gourd by asking him to drink wine which made him unable to breathe fire with plenty of wine inside him.
Note: Fire Gourd's recharge is Mediocre in-game
火葫芦 (Fire Gourd)
Sun cost: 200
火葫芦原先只是个杂技班里的小配角, 自从上了僵尸战扬后, 他才发现自己真正的价值。
Fire Gourd charges to shoot fire, causing fire damage continuously. Particularly effective to wooden weapons.
Usage: Tap to fire
Plant feature: yellow plant, full of anger
Contrary to popular belief, this actually does more than 2 damage per fire. The longer the fire stays, the more damage it does. Being a costly 200 and possibly a really weak range, it may be looked as a bad plant, but it is very strong if coupled with Sap-fling and other offensive or supportive plants. This plant is strong enough to take cone heads with ease, and should not be underestimated.
However, it is not recommended on Dark Ages' later levels by itself, as Imp Dragon Zombie are immune to its fire.
Plant Food effect
Upon using Plant Food, the Fire Gourd will breathe fire in front of it that deals 75 damage and hitting all zombies within range.
It now spits a powerful dragon-shaped flame down its path.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Fire Gourd.
- The player can still activate it while it is charging, but it will go a shorter distance and cause less damage.
- There is a glitch that if the player moves a Fire Gourd from a minecart, shovels it, or a zombie eats it while damaging, an "invisible flame" will continue to damage it, and it will stop in time when the Fire Gourd stops.
- It is the most expensive plant in Kongfu World.
- It is the second plant that breathes fire, the first being Snapdragon.
- It is similar to the Small Jalapeno from Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars, as they both breathe fire. However, Fire Gourd is manually controlled.
- If it is put to sleep by Archmage Zombie while attacking, its fire will still be there but no damage will be dealt.