Fire Gourd (火葫芦; pinyin: huǒhúlu) is the second plant obtained in Kongfu World in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. When tapped on, it breathes fire at a short range that deals moderate damage to zombies. It requires ten Fire Gourd Puzzle Pieces to unlock. Fire Gourds have to recharge after being tapped on, similar to the Coconut Cannon and Banana Launcher. The longer it takes to recharge before tapping, the longer its range is.
It is based on a dried bottle gourd, which is commonly carved in China as an ancient tradition. It is also used to store oil, water, or wine in China in the past.
It is also based on a character who was born from a gourd and is able to breathe fire in a Chinese cartoon, 葫芦兄弟 (pinyin: Hulu Xiongdi; in English: Calabash Brothers). The costume of this plant is similar to the ones that characters in 'Hulu Xiongdi' (Chengdi) wear.
Note: Fire Gourd's recharge is Mediocre in-game
火葫芦 (Fire Gourd)
Sun cost: 200
火葫芦原先只是个杂技班里的小配角, 自从上了僵尸战扬后, 他才发现自己真正的价值。
Fire Gourd charges to unleash fire, causing damage continuously, particularly effective to weapon stands.
Usage: Tap to fire
Plant feature: yellow plant, full of anger
Contrary to popular belief, this actually does more than 2 damage per fire. The longer the fire stays, the more damage it does. Being a costly 200 and possibly a really weak range, it may be looked as a bad plant, but it is very strong if coupled with Sap-fling and other offensive or supportive plants. This plant is strong enough to take cone heads with ease, and should not be underestimated.
However, it is not recommended on Dark Ages' later levels by itself, as Imp Dragon Zombie are immune to its fire.
Plant Food effect
Upon using Plant Food, the Fire Gourd will breathe fire in front of it that deals 75 damage and hitting all zombies within range.
It now spits a powerful dragon-shaped flame down its path that deals 90 damage to the whole lane in front of him.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Fire Gourd.
- The player can still activate it while it is charging, but it will go a shorter distance and cause less damage.
- There is a glitch that if the player moves a Fire Gourd from a minecart, shovels it, or a zombie eats it while damaging, an "invisible flame" will continue to damage it, and it will stop in time when the Fire Gourd stops.
- It is the most expensive plant in Kongfu World.
- It is the second plant that breathes fire, the first being Snapdragon.
- If it is put to sleep by Archmage Zombie while attacking, its fire will still be there but no damage will be dealt.
- He is very similar to Jack O' Lantern in the international version of the game.
- They both have a similar fire mechanic, both use fire as their main source of damage, and both need to recharge after being tapped on for too long.