Fire Cactus is the Rare fire variant of the Cactus in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She can be obtained from sticker packs bought in the Sticker Shop. Its primary weapon is the Fire Needle. Along with the Fire Pea, Fire Flower, Fire Chomper, BBQ Corn, and Fire Rose, she is one of the six fire-based variants on the plants side.
The Fire Cactus trades in her ability to blend into the environment for a devastating fiery weapon. She can also roast over 150 marshmallows simultaneously.
Fire Cactus ignites Zombies, dealing fire damage over time!
Fire Needle is the primary weapon of the Fire Cactus; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon. With the Legends of The Lawn DLC update, all DPS details are lower than the ones presented here.
- The base close and middle range damage per hit is 22 and the critical is 30.
- The max DPS at the mentioned ranges is 94.4.
- The base long range damage per hit is 16 and the critical is 23.
- The max DPS at long range is 73.5.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon has a fire effect: when enemies get hit, they will be set on fire, receiving 5 damage every second for 4 seconds.
- The ammo in a clip is 14.
- The reload time is 2.5 seconds.
- The projectile speed is fast.
- The weapon is a semi-precision weapon.
- The bloom is medium.
Potato Mine is a passive attack piece that deals 175 to any zombies that step on it.
Pizzazzling Potato Mine (GW2 only)
Garlic Drone is a drone with five health. It is armed with the Needle Shot and a Corn Strike.
Tallnut Battlement is a wall of two Tall-nuts and two Wall-nuts held together by vines. It can be used to stall zombies or provide cover.
Potato Nugget Mine
An alternate ability of Potato Mine, Potato Nugget Mine is smaller and does less damage. However, it is easier to camouflage and the player can place more of them at once compared to Potato Mine.
An alternate ability of Garlic Drone, Artichoke Drone has 20 health instead of the Garlic Drone's five, armed with the Artichoke Hearts and Baby Corn attack.
An alternate ability of Tallnut Battlement, Iron Maiden is an armored Wall-nut and hard to destroy. It is much stronger than the Tallnut Battlement; its only downside is its short width.
Super Rapid Reload
Super-rapid reload enhances reload speed.
Plethora of Flaming Spikes
Ammo capacity increased with a plethora of flaming spikes.
Superheated Flaming Spikes
Damage increased with superheated flaming spikes.
The Fire Cactus has a shorter range than the other Cacti, but that does not prevent her from serving as a long-range sniper by shooting fire needles at incoming zombies. The Fire Cactus' fire effect and above-average fire rate makes her more suitable for select scenarios in mid-range combat than the rest of the Cactus family, but on the contrary, she performs worse at long range and close range than the Camo Cactus and the Bandit Cactus respectively. Try sneaking up on a zombie and shoot at her, make sure you're not seen or else you will likely be vanquished. Be wary of the fact that this Cactus comes with the unlikely disadvantage of sticking out in nighttime maps, this trait easily ruins the Fire Cactus' main advantage, her long range, making sniping even more challenging due to the fact that zombies can see this Cactus from very far away.
This extreme disadvantage however has a somewhat unusual and almost crazy solution, this being her customization. The player can try by customizing the Fire Cactus with hats, organics and tattoos that cover up as much of the red-orange-yellow color and glow (while being preferably less visible), which can make sniping somewhat easier.
- ▼ Magazine capacity was reduced from 12 to 10.
- ▲ Falloff end distance was decreased from 30 to 25.
- If the player changes her default organic, they will become normal Cactus' hands. This applies to all Cactus variants.
- She has been nerfed a total of three times. This makes her the most nerfed plant in the whole game.