- For the Chinese version of the level, see Far Future - Day 20 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Far Future - Day 20 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Far Future - Day 20 is the twentieth level of Far Future in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Save Our Seeds level. To complete this level, the player must protect five Starfruits which are premium plants. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks an upgrade called Mower Launch.
The player should use the endangered plants to their advantage, as they can take out the first few zombies, so plants like Potato Mine aren't suitable for usage. A good sun production should be established at this point.
The dangerous zombies here are the special zombies of this world. Shield Zombie will protect the zombies from Starfruit's shots, Robo-Cone Zombie has a lot of health, which can easily pass through defenses, Bug Bot Imps come in ambushes, and although there is only one, Mecha-Football Zombie is a serious threat. However, all of these zombies have minimal appearances in this level, namely the Robo-Cone Zombie and the Mecha-Football Zombie. Additionally, this level is highly concentrated with Future Zombies. The player might want to bring E.M.Peach, as well as any defensive plant, to protect the Starfruits.
Power Tiles are arranged in a useful way that the player can strategize with. Using these to the player's advantage will help defeating powerful zombies.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||100% Plant Food|
|5||2 4 3||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|9||None||First flag; 100% Plant Food|
|11||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|13||None||100% Plant Food|
|17||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|18||1 3 5 2 4||Final flag; Bot Swarm!|
- Suggested plants
- First, plant sun-producing plants on the left side of the Starfruits. When two regular zombies come, you can see this level is hard if you do not set up your defenses quickly.
- Plant two Infi-nuts, one at the left side and one at the right side of the Starfruits. While you are planting, do not forget to plant offensive plants to defend them. Be ready for an ambush.
- Many Bug Bot Imps will land on the left side. If you did not plant any of the offensive or defensive plants, you will need to use a Cherry Bomb or waste a lawn mower. Meanwhile, on the right side, a Robo-Cone Zombie will appear, and you need to feed Plant Food on Infi-nuts to create force fields. Use an E.M.Peach to stun the machines.
- If you are fast, use a Blover to blow the Bug Bot Imps away while they are in mid-air.
- After you finished the first flag, you will have trouble both on the left side and on the right side. Try to use Plant Food on offensive plants to deal them. A Mecha-Football Zombie will appear. Use another E.M.Peach to stun it. Then, focus on killing it before it pushes your Starfruit. If it pushes it, Bug Bot Imps will be able to eat the Starfruit easily. If the Infi-nut's shield is eaten, create another one by using Plant Food.
- In the final wave, you need to be very careful. Plant many plants as you can to protect both your house and the Starfruits at all cost. Use a Cherry Bomb to kill the Mecha-Football Zombies.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy can complete the level without premium content, Plant Food, gemium plants, or losing any lawn mowers.
Plant two columns of Sunflowers in the back columns. Protect the Starfruit with Tall-nuts and Wall-nuts, starting with the middle lanes first. If a Buckethead or Conehead zombie is somehow getting close at the beginning and defensive plants have not recharged, use a Cherry Bomb or stall it with a Sunflower.
Fill up the column behind the Starfruit with Snapdragons. When the first Bot Swarm arrives, let them all hatch and then freeze them with an E.M.Peach. The Starfruit will finish them with minimal losses to the Sunflowers, if any. Meanwhile, plant Spikerocks in front of the Sunflowers as you build sun to nullify the Bug Bots completely, then more ahead of the Tall-nuts/Wall-nuts. Be sure to heal defensive plants and use Cherry Bombs and E.M.Peaches to control the vehicle enemies, especially the final Mecha-Football Zombie.
If you use Plant Food, Snapdragon's Plant Food attack and buffs to the defensive plants will finish this level easily.
- This is the first level created in the game to let the player use a premium plant for free.
- This is also the first level that have premium plants endangered.