Explosive Escape is the third ability for the Z-Mech in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, the Imp inside the Z-Mech will eject from Z-Mech. Meanwhile, the Z-Mech will explode and deal 150 damage to any nearby plants. This is a single-use ability as it destroys the Z-Mech. It is an ability shared by all Z-Mech variants. Unlike most other abilities, the Explosive Escape must be activated twice to take effect.
Don't go down in flames. Imp can launch his way to safety as the Z-Mech's core explodes, taking out any plants caught in the radius.
- Decreased delay to eject from Mech from 1 second to 0.2 seconds.
- After pressing the button for the first time, the button will eventually close again if the 2/Y/Triangle button is not pressed for a short while.
- Explosive Escape was going to actually have an icon in very early development. It was replaced in classic with the black and yellow stripes with the button underneath.
- You can still see this icon today, but it is a glitch and is extremely rare. It appears for a split second when the current "icon" becomes invisible when you use explosive escape.
- It was shown on the official site before the game was released.
- The Party Mech's Explosive Escape is actually replaced by the "Explosive Party". This is similar to the Party Citron Ball.
- Its name is yet another instance of an alliterative name.