Explosive Escape is the third ability for the Z-Mech in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, the Imp inside the Z-Mech will eject from Z-Mech. Meanwhile, the Z-Mech will explode and deal 150 damage to any nearby plants. This is a single-use ability as it destroys the Z-Mech. It is an ability shared by all Z-Mech variants. Unlike most other abilities, the Explosive Escape must be activated twice to take effect.
Don't go down in flames. Imp can launch his way to safety as the Z-Mech's core explodes, taking out any plants caught in the radius.
- Decreased delay to eject from Mech from 1 second to 0.2 seconds.
- After pressing the button for the first time, the button will eventually close again if the 2/Y/Triangle button is not pressed for a short while.
- The player will always be thrown backward of where the player was facing when they were ejected.
- The Party Imp's mech's Explosive Escape is actually replaced by the "Explosive Party". This is similar to the Party Citron Ball.
- Its name is yet another instance of an alliterative name.