Explody Bot is a spawnable zombie bot in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is a bot carrying what appears to be a small Jack-in-the-box which can create a giant explosion around it, dealing massive damage to plants. Its attack is named Explosiony, dealing 250 damage in a close range burst. It is the zombie counterpart of the Doom-shroom.
CLOSE RANGE: EXPLOSIVE
Explody Bot is super-psyched to share his birthday gift with all of his nearest Plant friends.
- The Explody Bot seems to be almost directly based of the Jack-in-the-Box Zombie, due to the fact that both carry a box and both explode, taking out nearby plants.
- Explody Bot may be a reference to Jokey Smurf, and how he always carries an exploding present to give to the other Smurfs, similarly to what Explody Bot's description states about sharing his present with the plants.
- Its Jack-In-A-Box has a small black bomb in it, which is the cause of the Jack-In-A-Box exploding. After it explodes, the Explody Bot reaches behind its back, puts out a new bomb and puts it in the Jack-In-A-Box.
- Unusually, Explody Bot does 25% more damage (50 more to be exact).
- This may be because the max health for the zombie team is 200, while the max health for the plant team in 250.