|Abilities|| Chili Bean Bomb |
Sombrero Bean Bomb
Super Pea Jump
Electro Pea is the Super Rare electric variant of the Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He deals electric damage to his opponents, which means that when his projectile hits a zombie, the damage will arc and harm other nearby zombies as well. Like Petrified Cactus and Captain Cannon, he can detonate his peas in mid-air for even more damage. He also moves faster than most Peashooters.
As the most electrifying Plant in PvZ entertainment, you can always count on Electro Pea to make a bad pun about how charged-up he is.
Push the fire button while shots are airborne to trigger an extra large electric explosion!
The Electro Pea's primary weapon is the Electro Cannon. It deals 20-30 impact and critical damage depending on the distance. It will also deal 10-25 splash damage. In addition to this, it will deal 15 electric arc damage. The Electro Cannon can also manually detonate itself dealing 25 damage and the aforementioned electric arc damage.
- ▲ Increased projectile movement speed.
- ▲ Increased manual detonation explosion damage
November 2016 Patch
- ▲ Increased damage on detonation from 25 to 30
- ▲ Increased regular splash damage from 15 to 18
- ▲ Increased regular splash radius from 2 to 2.5
Electro Cannon is the primary weapon of the Electro Pea.
- The ammo clip is 8 (9 if upgraded).
- The chain lightning damage is 5-10.
- The splash damage is 10.
- The detonated damage at all ranges is 20.
- The middle range impact damage is between 23 and 25.
- The close range impact & critical damage is 30.
- The mid range impact & critical damage is 25.
- The long range impact & critical damage is 20.
Chili Bean Bomb
With Pea Gatling, the Peashooter roots into the ground, has 100 ammo to fire continuously against the zombies.
Hyper enables the Peashooter to accelerate and jump higher. This can help with both defense and offense.
Sombrero Bean Bomb
An alternate ability of Chili Bean Bomb, Sombrero Bean Bomb launches a Chili Bean Bomb wearing a sombrero that has a longer fuse than the normal Chili Bean Bomb, but in return, gives off 250 damage and a bigger explosion radius.
An alternate ability of Pea Gatling. With the Retro Gatling, the Peashooter roots itself into a special form of Pea Gatling. It has only 50 ammo and shoots slower but each ammo is stronger.
Super Pea Jump
Super Pea Jump allows the Peashooter to jump higher but does not get a speed boost.
It has a somewhat high learning curve compared to the others, but this leads to a greater damage potential. Due to the detonation mechanic, players who regularly spam peas from long range will find it difficult to use this Peashooter in that way; two shots cannot be on screen at the same time. However, patient players may find this long-ranged tactic very effective for dealing widespread electric damage if they can master the timing of detonating, especially in objective modes such as Turf Takeover or Suburbination.
More impatient players may use a more close-ranged tactic. Stay slightly outside Chomper or Scientist range, and spam your shoot button. This allows the shots to travel a small way forward and detonate. The detonation, if used in a crowded area, may hit many zombies at once, including the electric arc. Using Hyper while jumping around enemies will also work, although you risk not being able to detonate before the shot hits the ground. However, keep an eye on both your health and your ammo; should either of these become low or run out at a bad time, you could risk being vanquished.
For the close-ranged strategy above, the most suitable upgrades would be any of the following:
- Speed, to capitalize on its already increased speed.
- Health, to improve its survivability in close-combat situations.
- Reload and/or Ammo, to be able to put out shots faster and ensure you are rarely caught unprepared.
As always, the combination of upgrades depends on how you play. If these upgrades don't work for you, try different combinations.
- Electro Pea could be the reason why the Plasma Pea was redesigned, to prevent the two Peashooters from looking too similar.
- In Infinity Time, there is a larger version of Electro Pea known as Mass Pea, first introduced when Gnomus the Green reaches 50% health. Its primary weapon is a 3/4 shot burst opposed to Electro Pea's manually detonatable shots. He can also root into the ground and use a stronger version of Pea Gatling. He can also summon 2 to 3 Electro Peas.
- Electro Pea also has a different reticle than other Peashooters. The same goes for Law Pea and Agent Pea.
- The reticle is similar to a Scientist Zombie, except the edges are more jagged and it tilts 90 degrees to the right when a shot is fired. It will tilt 90 degrees to the left again if the shot hits something or it is detonated in mid-air.
- The reticle and its behavior is shared by Captain Cannon's Extend-O-Cannon and Petrified Cactus.
- There is a bug in which sometimes when you are vanquished by the Electro Pea, the weapon you were vanquished by says 'Electric Needle' instead of 'Electro Cannon'. Though the Electric Needle is the primary weapon of the Power Cactus.
- He is one of three manual detonation characters in the game, the others being Petrified Cactus and Captain Cannon.