Apart from being able to spread damage to multiple nearby enemies, the Electro Charger can also be charged up to release a powerful shot, similarly to Plasma Pea and Future Cactus. However, doing this will require 8 ammo, which is 1/3 of the maximum 24-ammo supply of the weapon. He was first teased in the Aloe 5: Gardening spoof image but was later shown in solo-play gameplay video of Solo Ops.
Electro Citron tells people that his mask is to conceal his secret identity, but it's really just part of an elaborate grounding system that prevents him from shocking himself every time he blinks.
Hold down fire to charge his primary attack across three distinct power levels!
The Electro Citron's primary weapon is the Electro Charger. It is a chargeable and single shot weapon that deals 7-75 impact damage and 8-82 critical damage both depending on the charge rate. It will also deal up to 45 normal splash damage and 15 electric splash damage.
Assault Mode abilities
EMPeach, like its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, slows down and lightly damages zombies in its radius. It also prevents zombies from using their abilities.
When Citron Ball is used, Citron curls up in a ball, increasing his jump height and speed. It is most likely used to chase after Imps, as their increased speed and agility make it harder to hit them. When in Citron Ball form, Citron loses the ability to shoot and use EMPeach and Peel Shield, but gain Hyper Ball and Ball Charge as new abilities which replace the former two.
An alternate version of the Citron Ball for the Party Citron. Functions identically to the normal Citron Ball.
If Peel Shield is activated, Citron gains a shield in front of where it is facing, absorbing a certain amount of damage. However, Citron is still vulnerable to shots to its side and back.
An alternate ability instead of Peel Shield. Withstands more damage, yet has a shorter duration. Color changes based on how much health the shield has left.
Citron Ball abilities
Hyper Ball is the first ability available for Citron in Citron Ball form. When used, it further enhances Citron's already enhanced speed and jump height.
Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.
Citron will slow down and roll in place for a few seconds, before charging forwards and hitting any zombies in his path, dealing damage to them.
Electro Citron fills the niche that many Electric variants try to fill, which is the anti-team role. If enemies are bunched together and you fire a fully charged shot at one of the players in the middle of the group, you can do intense damage to both your target and the allies around them. The biggest downside to this Citron is the limited ammo, if you tend to use his fully charged shot, you will find yourself reloading often as the level three charge eats up a third of your ammo, in return for very massive damage, making this variant very capable of clearing out hordes of AI zombies, or players who are standing together at a heal station. Imps in particular make good targets, due to the surprisingly generous splash damage on the charger and their extremely low health.
If you're low on health, you have to avoid your allies if there is an Electro Citron in the enemy team, being capable of destroying weakened teammates, and weaker teammates in general such as the Imp or Scientist. Keep your distance, and use cover as much as possible if one is around to avoid the massive damage that it can deliver if you're in his sights. Just beware of your allies standing too close to you as well, since he doesn't have to aim at you at all times to deal massive damage.
- ▲ Made bone-collision changes to reduce size of Citron’s critical hit area
- ▲ Citron can now fire sooner after coming out of Ball Form
- ▼ Removed movement speed penalty from transition into and out of Citron Ball Form Mode
- ▲ Standard Shot: Increased close range/long range damage from 4.5/2.5 - 8/6
- ▼ Mid-Charged Shot: Reduced close range/long range impact damage from 25/15 - 20/10
- ▼ Reduced falloff start/end distance from 30/60 - 20/50
- ▼ Max-Charged Shot: Reduced close range/long range impact damage from 35/25 - 30/20
- ▼ Reduced falloff start/end distance from 40/80 - 30/60
- ▲ Increased 2nd charge shot from 20/10 – 25/15
- ▲ Increased 3rd charge impact damage from 30/20 – 35/25
- ▲ Reduced reload time from 2.5 - 2.25
- ▲ Reduced ammo reduction per 2nd charge shot from 6 – 4
- ▲ Reduced ammo reduction per 3rd charge shot from 12 – 8
July 2016 Patch
- ▲ Increased close/far damage from 8/6 to 10/8 for regular shot.
- ▲ Increased splash damage of first charged shot from 25 to 30
- ▲ Increased splash damage of second charged shot from 40 to 45
- ▼ Decreased splash damage of first charged shot from 30 to 25 (also affects impact damage)
- ▼ Decreased inner splash radius of first charged shot from 3 to 2
- ▼ Decreased splash radius of first charged shot from 4 to 3
- ▼ Decreased splash damage of second charged shot from 45 to 40 (also affects impact damage)
- ▼ Decreased inner splash radius of second charged shot from 3.5 to 2.5
- ▼ Decreased splash radius of second charged shot from 5 to 4
- His weapon uses the original 32-ammo clip that was planned for Citron, unlike most other variants which just shoot a laser with infinite ammo. This was later reduced to 24.
- According to his Stickerbook description, if he blinks while not wearing his mask, he shocks himself.
- His appearance is similar to that of Shadow Flower.
- He may be a reference to Electro from The Amazing Spiderman 2. Examples include him having lightning strikes in his body, not having any hat on default, wearing dark objects, the mask making his eyes look like Electro's.