Dusk Lobber is the fourth plant obtained in Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. She lobs explosive buds at zombies or tombstones in her lane, dealing 1.5 direct damage and 1.25 splash damage in a 3x3 area. When powered by Moonflower, she lobs buds into the lanes next to her in a manner similar to the Threepeater.
Almanac entryNOTE: Dusk Lobber costs 200 in the Chinese version.
SUN COST: 150
Dusk Lobbers are shadow plants that lob explosive buds down the lane.
Special: powered Dusk Lobbers lob buds down 3 lanes
Lobbing comes easily for Dusk Lobber, but that's only because she's had extensive training and really enjoys parabolas.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Dusk Lobber will fire four large explosive buds that land on four random tiles with zombies nearby on the lawn, with each explosive bud dealing 17.5 damage in a 3x3 area.
CostumedDusk Lobber now fire five large explosive buds instead of four.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||150||10 seconds||3 bites||1.5 nds||1.25 nds||17.5 nds||15 nds||Normal||Lobbed||3x3|
|2||10||1,000||150||10 seconds||3.5 bites||2 nds||1.75 nds||15 nds|
|3||75||5,000||150||9 seconds||4 bites||2.5 nds||2.25 nds||20 nds||+1.3x|
|4||200||10,000||150||9 seconds||4.5 bites||3 nds||2.75 nds||20 nds|
|5||400||20,000||150||9 seconds||5.5 bites||3.5 nds||3.25 nds||25 nds|
|6||750||30,000||150||8 seconds||6 bites||4 nds||3.75 nds||30 nds|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||8 seconds||6.5 bites||4.5 nds||4.25 nds||30 nds||+ 1.6x|
|8||1,000||50,000||125||7 seconds||7 bites||4.5 nds||4.25 nds||35 nds|
|9||1,500||60,000||125||6 seconds||8 bites||4.5 nds||4.25 nds||40 nds|
|10||2,000||75,000||125||5 seconds||9 bites||4.5 nds||4.25 nds||45 nds|
Dusk Lobber can be considered to be one of the most potent lobbed-shot plants, as the plant under the right condition is only second to Strawburst in terms of splash damage per second, while costing less than half of that of a Melon-pult or a Strawburst. This makes Dusk Lobber an incredibly useful weapon in both normal levels and the Endless Zones, unlike most other heavy offensive plants which are often restricted by usually high cost. The ability to attack multiple lanes also make Dusk Lobber highly useful early on, as this allows the player to secure the lawn quickly against Imp rushes or enemies on multiple lanes. This is however balanced by the plant's reliance on Moonflower and coupled with mildly slow recharge rate. This means Imitater will help the player field a decent amount of Dusk Lobbers in later levels, though you will always need Moonflower. Also, due to Moonflower's extremely lackluster Plant Food effect, it is advised to also bring Gold Bloom along.
Compared to most lobbed-shot plants, Dusk Lobber is even more useful at dealing with groups of enemies that can shield or avoid straight-shooting projectiles such as Tomb Raiser Zombie, Barrel Roller Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, Troglobite and Arcade Zombie, including endless zones where these zombies are a common threat.
Surprisingly, a powered Dusk Lobber can also target Prospector Zombies that appear on the left side of your lawn and zombies carried by Pterodactyl if she is placed on the first column, including the lanes next to her.
Dusk Lobber may seem more powerful compared to the straight-shot shadow plant, Nightshade, but each have their downsides - Nightshade deals a meager amount of group damage compared to Dusk Lobber and lacks crowd control, while Dusk Lobber's higher sun cost and slower recharge makes it harder for the player to get many of them out, and she is also much weaker against isolated targets or targets that absorbs a lot of damage such as Knight Zombie. As such, it might be advisable to bring both, if one has enough seed slots, when Moonflower is used.
Avoid using Dusk Lobber against Jester Zombie and Parasol Zombie as they will deflect her buds. Chicken Wrangler Zombie and Weasel Hoarder can quickly overwhelm any catapult plants upon releasing its counterpart so it is not a good idea to use Dusk Lobber when they're around, unless you have her upgraded.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Dusk Lobber.
- She, Ball Cactus, Tree Cactus, Prickly Pear and Cactus, her Heroes version, her Garden Warfare version and variants, Galacta-Cactus, and Astro Vera are the only plants based on cacti.
- She is the only one of the group that doesn't have the word "cactus" (Or in Prickly Pear's case, a type of cacti) in their name.
- When her projectiles are reflected by Jester Zombies, they will harmlessly pass through the plants and go towards the player's house. This was fixed in the 4.7.1 update.
- If her projectile misses its target, it will not land on the lane it is lobbed on, but rather the lane directly below it. The same happens if she targets a zombie that is in the water in Big Wave Beach.
- She and Apple Mortar are the only lobbed-shot plants that can lob projectiles into more than one lane without being fed with Plant Food.
- It is the fifth lobbed-shot plant able to do splash damage. The others are Melon-pult, Winter Melon, Pepper-pult, and Strawburst.
- She, Homing Thistle, Pea-nut, Pepper-pult, Dandelion and Apple Mortar are the only projectile-shooting plants that do not have a fast recharge speed.
- Her idle animation is minorly unfinished, as she will cut back to the start of her animation every second or so, instead of looping smoothly. This is likely an oversight.
- She, Moonflower, and Shadow-shroom are the only shadow plants that emit high-pitched vocal effects when performing their action.
Specific to Chinese version
- Her projectile at level 2 - 3 looks same exact as her projectile at level 3 to level 6 in international version, while her projectile at level 5 looks same exact as her projectile at level 7 onwards in international version.