|Damage details||1 normal damage shot each 4 seconds to a single zombie close to it|
|Unlocked||Beating Pirate Seas - Level 10-1|
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Durian explodes and deals damage to all zombies in a 3x3 area around it.
Durian is a defensive/offensive plant that should be handled with a lot of care.
Leave it in the front columns, and plant strong damaging plants like Dandelion, Bruce Bamboo, Winter Melon in the back, maybe Spikeweed in front, but always hesitate on using it's Plant Food, it can be useful, but needs positioning, timing, and a good situation to use. Avoid treating this like a Wall-nut in terms of Plant Food, or you will waste 125 sun. You should try to use this plant as a support, and not as a primary offensive plant, since it can attack only when close to zombie and can be eaten up.
- In earlier versions of the game, Durian's sun cost was 135 sun, making it the only plant to ever have a sun cost not a multiple of 25.
- However, Flame Mushroom's original sun cost was 85 sun.
- It is the only plant with a Plant Food ability that kills the plant.
- It and Endurian are the only plants based on durians.
- It functions in the same way as the Endurian.