- For the monk variant, see Drinking Monk Zombie.
- Not to be confused with the Drunk Zombie, a zombie from Plants vs. Zombies Online.
|Special||Becomes Speedy after drinking potion|
|First seen||Kongfu World - Day 2|
The bad news is that, Drinking Zombie was a Drunk Master before! The good news is that, after becoming a zombie, his method was almost forgotten.
Drinking Zombie (喝酒僵尸; pinyin: hējiǔ jiāngshī) is a zombie in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Its ability is to become faster after it drinks, getting big muscles after absorbing a certain amount of normal damage shots. This zombie also has a monk variant, Drinking Monk Zombie.
After drinking, enters into savage state.
The bad news is that, Drinking Zombie learned kung fu while being drunk before he died! The good news is that, after becoming a zombie, his method was almost forgotten.
In Chinese: 喝酒后，能进入狂暴状态。
You should dispose of this zombie as soon as you can. Once it drinks its strength potion, it will become stronger, will eat faster, and will move faster. This can make this zombie considerably dangerous. A Snow Pea can slow it down in this state. You may want to use a Squash to kill it instantly, but it will drink its energy drink first before dying. A group of Winter Melons are very efficient in dealing with them. Tall-nuts can also lessen its damage. Just plant it adjacent to it, so that it will not deal much damage to your plants, but keep it away from Blew Zombies, Torch Kongfu Zombies, and Qigong Zombies, as they can topple down the Tall-nut with one hit (in the case of the Qigong Zombie, there must be a barrier to pull the plant away from the lawn). Deal with these three zombies first.
- It is one of the few zombies that can get a speed boost, the others being Newspaper Zombie, Pharaoh Zombie, and Barrel Zombie when their armor is destroyed.
- However, Drinking Zombie does not need armor to do so.
- Before it dies, it will drink first to prevent getting killed by any plants excluding the instant kill ones.
- Its body is always muscular, even if it has not drunk yet despite it is dead.