Doubled Mint is a premium legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. He costs 2 to play, and has 1/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability multiplies his strength and health stats by 2 at the start of each turn, starting from the next turn after he is played.
He is based on a peppermint.
His name and ability, as well as his description, could be a reference to the fact that mint is known for its rapid growth, and even overgrowing gardens when left untended.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: Start of Turn: Double this Plant's Strength and Health.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
He'll grow on you. Just give him time.
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2
Doubled Mint is a much more powerful version of Pea Pod. If left undefended, he can be destroyed quickly and never really have an impact. When given time, however, he can overwhelm the zombie hero by achieving incredible strength and health. Using this early game is the best strategy, as he will apply major pressure to the zombie hero. However, beware of instant-kill tricks like Rocket Science, Locust Swarm, and Cut Down to Size, as well as zombies with the Deadly trait, as they can destroy him in one hit. Therefore, it is best played when your opponent has no brains left so they can't destroy him with a trick. Like any other setup plant, using Umbrella Leaf is a good idea since she will give him the Untrickable trait, making Doubled Mint an even bigger threat, possibly spelling doom for opponents who don't have Deadly zombies, and even then, they will fall from Doubled Mint's bonus attacks.
Unlike Pea Pod, Doubled Mint also benefits heavily from stat boosters, as their effects will be doubled every turn due to his ability. Doubled Mint greatly benefits from boosts that give him more health, meaning he will be more difficult to dispose of. Using Plant Food on Doubled Mint will slightly boost his stats and also make him do a bonus attack. As Captain Combustible, you can use Blazing Bark on Doubled Mint right after he is played. While this combo is risky, it will not take long before Doubled Mint has the sufficient strength to defeat the zombie hero in one hit.
Stat-boosting aside, if the player can guard him well, this can be used as an early cheap plant, and lead to an early win. Defensive plants such as Sweet Potato or Wall-Nut can help as they give Doubled Mint more time to grow. Using Root Wall on Doubled Mint (only possible as Grass Knuckles) can protect him from incoming damage. You can play Onion Rings to play him as a 4/4, making him harder for the opponent to destroy.
Try and dispose of this plant as quickly as possible, as leaving him unharmed will only make him stronger. It is strongly advised to destroy this plant on the turn he is planted, especially if he is played on the second turn. A single Bungee Plumber can destroy this plant right after he is played. This plant can also be destroyed by Rolling Stone or Weed Spray until the second turn after he's played (provided he has not been boosted by plant tricks), so even if you've spent all of your brains on turn 2, you can still destroy him on turn 3. If his stats get out of hand, Bouncing this plant is a good way to stall, as his stats will be reset. Using Rocket Science, Cut Down to Size, Locust Swarm, or zombies with the Deadly trait is also a good idea, but beware of bonus attacks if you're using the fourth option.
You can also reduce his strength to 0 on the turn he is played, making him useless for anything but walling at a cost of a space since 0 multiplied by 2 is always 0. However, your opponent can simply reboost his strength, making him easier to set up, as he will tend to have more than enough health to grow.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Doubled Mint.
- His card features Doubled Mint in his final stage.
- However, Doubled Mint is shown in his first stage when his stats shown.
- Excluding signature superpowers, he is tied for the second cheapest legendary card and the cheapest legendary premium card, along with Barrel of Deadbeards.
- Every time Doubled Mint activates his ability, he will grow leaves in an order.
- He can double his stats all the way over 2,147,483,647 (232-1-1). If this happens, due to an internal integer overflow, his / (whichever that passed the number) will turn to -2,147,483,648 (-232-1) instantly, and in the case of health, gets destroyed immediately. This can be seen here.
- Damage done to Doubled Mint is not doubled at the start of the next turn. For example, if a newly-played Doubled Mint took 1 damage this turn (at the end of turn he would have 1/1), and has his stats doubled to 2/2 next turn, his health can only reach 3 if you try to heal him.
- The sound effect used when Doubled Mint is played is also used when Iceberg Lettuce blinks.
- Astrocado Pit's old description is very similar to Doubled Mint's description, except that the sentences are swapped and the word "Just" is removed.