|Abilities||Start of Turn: Double this Plant's Strength and Health.|
|He'll grow on you. Just give him time.|
Doubled Mint is a premium legendary plant card appearing in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow plants. It costs 2 and has 1/2 when first played. Double Mint's ability doubles its and at the start of every turn.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Ability: Start of Turn: Double this Plant's Strength and Health.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
He'll grow on you. Just give him time.
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2.
Doubled Mint is a much more powerful version of Pea Pod. If it is undefended, it will be destroyed too early and never really have an impact. When given time, it can overwhelm the zombie hero by achieving incredible damage and health. Unlike Pea Pod, Doubled Mint also benefits heavily from stat boosters, as they will be doubled every turn due to its ability. Doubled Mint greatly benefits from a buff that has given it more health, meaning it will be more difficult to dispose of.
However, if the player can guard it well, this can be used as an early cheap plant, and lead to an early win. Using the Root Wall superpower trick (only achievable with Grass Knuckles) is a good idea to guard it from zombie tricks or fighters. Using this early game is the best strategy, as it will apply major pressure to the zombie hero. However, beware of Rocket Science, Locust Swarm, Deadly, or Cut Down to Size trick, as they can defeat this in one hit.
Try and dispose of this plant as quickly as possible, as letting it live will only make it stronger. It is strongly advised to destroy this plant on the turn it was planted, especially if it is used on the second turn. Bouncing this plant when its stats get high is a good way to stall, as its stats will reset. Using Rocket Science, Cut Down to Size, Locust Swarm or zombies with Deadly is also a good idea, but beware of bonus attacks if you're using the fourth option. The player can also reduce this plant's strength when it is newly planted to 0, making this useless for anything but walling at a cost of a space since the effect doubles, not adding up.
- Its card features a Doubled Mint in its final stage.
- Excluding a hero's superpower trick, it is tied for the cost of the lowest legendary, along with Barrel of Deadbeards.
- It got smaller in the new update.
- Every time its ability activates, its leaves open in an order.
- If it doubles its stats over 2,147,483,647, the stat will change to 0. If this happens with its strength, it will still attack, and if this happens with its health, it will not be destroyed even though the health reads 0.
- This is due to an integer overflow.