- For other uses, see Doom-shroom (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Destroy all Plants and Zombies with 4 or more.|
|"I could destroy everything you hold dear. It wouldn't be hard."|
Doom-Shroom is a premium super-rare plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 5 to play, and its ability destroys all plants and zombies on the field, but only those with 4 or more.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Mushroom Trick
- Ability: Destroy all Plants and Zombies with 4 or more.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"I could destroy everything you hold dear. It wouldn't be hard."
- Quotation marks were added to the start and end of its description.
Doom-Shroom is effective at clearing the field of zombies that have 4 strength or more, allowing you to regain control of the field, unlike Shamrocket that only works on a single zombie. However, it can also destroy all of your plants that have 4 strength or more, forcing you to trade your plants to save yourself.
While being able to destroy multiple powerful zombie fighters, such as Zombot Sharktronic Sub or Wannabe Hero with just 5 sun needed, it also destroys stronger plant fighters, such as Kernel Corn or The Great Zucchini, which can make this trick a mixed bag. Due to this problem, try to use this card as a last resort, when your opponent is overwhelming you with a multiple amount of stronger zombie fighters. This trick is best used to counter Zombot 1000 and Gargantuars' Feast. It can also work really well if you don't play multiple plants with 4 or more strength.
Generally, Citron is the best hero to use Doom-Shroom with as most of his cards involve using plants with 3 strength or less, especially with a well-organized bean deck. Wall-Knight is also an option, as he has some powerful plants that have 3 strength or less, such as Power Flower and Briar Rose. When playing as Grass Knuckles or Spudow, however, consider carefully before putting Doom-Shoom into their decks as most of their cards involves high-strength cards. If you prefer to bring a card that can destroy zombies with the same amount of strength without any damage on your plants, Shamrocket is an alternative.
Avoid using this trick immediately after all your lanes have been filled with Cornucopia, as you may destroy that plant itself as well as some of the newly created plants with Cornucopia's ability. However, if you want to activate the ability of plants such as Grapes of Wrath or Guacodile, this could be a good choice. Alongside, avoid playing this after playing plants boosted by Onion Rings since it will destroy all of them.
While playing as the zombie hero, this trick can easily punish the player for playing powerful fighters. It is important to be careful while facing against Guardian heroes, as they might use this at any time and destroy your strongest zombies. Try to place powerful zombies with 3 strength or less, such as Barrel Roller Zombie and Foot Soldier Zombie.
If you need to deploy a strong zombie but also want to avoid the risk of Doom-Shroom destroying it, you can use Teleport to play it in the tricks phase, but primarily only as Brainy heroes.
Make sure you do not boost too many of your zombies over 4 strength when facing a Guardian plant hero, as there is chance that your opponent will use this trick during the Plants Play phase, although it is a particularly difficult card for players to get.
- Its description is an excerpt from its Suburban Almanac entry in the original Plants vs. Zombies.
- The same applies to All-Star Zombie.
- This, Fireworks Zombie, Tactical Cuke, Barrel of Deadbeards, Galacta-Cactus and Gas Giant are the only cards that affect both plants and zombies.
- Before update 1.2.11, Zombot Stomp has also affected both plants and zombies.
- Prior to an update, it could activate Punish-Shroom's ability when played.
- It is one of the two mushrooms in the Guardian class. The other is Sea-Shroom.
- Its explosion animation is similar to its counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies, but in this game, Doom-Shroom does not leave any craters.