- For other uses, see Doom-shroom (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Destroy all Plants and Zombies with 4 or more.|
|I could destroy everything you hold dear. It wouldn't be hard.|
Doom-Shroom is a premium super-rare plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Guardian class.. It costs 5 to play, and its ability destroys all plants and zombies on the field, but only those with 4 or more.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Mushroom Trick
- Ability: Destroy all Plants and Zombies with 4 or more.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
I could destroy everything you hold dear. It wouldn't be hard.
Doom-Shroom is effective at clearing the field of zombies with 4 strength or more, allowing you to regain control of the field. However, it can also destroy plants that have 4 strength of more, forcing you to trade to save yourself.
Due to it being able to destroy multiple stronger zombie fighters, such as Zombot Sharktronic Sub or Wannabe Hero with just 5 sun needed, but destroying stronger plant fighters, such as Kernel Corn or The Great Zucchini, makes this trick itself a mixed bag. Due to this problem, try to use this card as a last resort, when your opponent is overwhelming you with stronger zombie fighters. This trick is best used to counter Zombot 1000 and Gargantuars' Feast.
Avoid using this trick immediately right after all your lanes have been filled with Cornucopia, as you may destroy that plant itself as well as some of the newly created plants with Cornucopia's ability. However, if you want to destroy some plants to activate the ability of plants such as Grapes of Wrath or Guacodile, this can be a good choice.
While playing as the zombie hero, this trick can easily punish the player for playing powerful fighters. It is important to be careful while facing against Guardian heroes, as they might use this at any time and destroy your strongest zombies. Try to place powerful zombies with 3 or less, such as Barrel Roller Zombie and Foot Soldier Zombie.
If you need to deploy a strong zombie but want avoid the risk of Doom-Shroom destroying it, you can use Teleport to play it in the tricks phase.
Make sure you do not boost too many of your zombies to or over the 4 mark when facing against a Guardian plant hero, as it is possible that your opponent will use this trick during the plant phase.
- Its description is an excerpt from its Suburban Almanac entry in the original Plants vs. Zombies.
- This, Fireworks Zombie, and Barrel of Deadbeards are the only cards that affects both plants and zombies.
- Prior to an update, it could activate Punish-Shroom's ability when played.
- It is one of two mushrooms in the Guardian class. The other is Sea-Shroom.
- Its explosion animation is similar to its counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies.