|Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.|
Dog Walker is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. It costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. Its ability moves this zombie to lane where a plant is played, with the exception of aquatic lanes.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Abilities: When a Plant is played, this Zombie moves there.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.
Even though this can be a good starter zombie, it's best to use it when all other lanes are full, so the opponent can't take advantage of its effect. It can also be used to lock your opponent from playing cheap set-up plants like Sunflower or Pea Pod, as the Dog Walker go to that plant's lane and dispose of it.
At first, this might be hard to counter, especially if you don't have any plants or damaging tricks that cost 1. However, one can easily take advantage of its special ability by placing a Potato Mine or a weak plant, and have the Dog Walker move right in front of it.
- It seems to be based off to the unused Dog Walker Zombie, found in the data for the first game.
- The dog the Dog Walker is carrying is a dachshund.
- The card description refers to the Garth Nix's quote "Does the walker choose the path or the path the walker?" in the fantasy novel Sabriel.
- Its effect is the opposite of Zombie Chicken's effect.
- If there are multiple Dog Walkers on the field and a plant is placed in an empty lane, the left-most Dog Walker will move into the lane.
- If a Dog Walker is on the field and More Spore is played, if Dog Walker is in between the two Button Mushrooms, it will move into the lane with the Button Mushroom on its left. Then, it will move into the lane with the other Button Mushroom.
- If a Wild Berry is placed on the field, the Dog Walker will go the lane the Wild Berry was originally planted in, not the lane the Wild Berry moves to.