|Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.|
Dog Walker is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. He has the Hunt trait, and does not have any abilities. His plant counterpart is Corn Dog.
He seems to be based on the unused Dog Walker Zombie found in the data of the first game.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Hunt
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
- Ability removed.
- Trait added: Hunt (Same effect as previous ability)
Even though this can be a good starter zombie, you might be better off using him when all other lanes are full, so your opponent cannot take advantage of his ability. However, he can also be used to lock your opponent from playing cheap set-up plants like Sunflower, Poison Mushroom or Pea Pod, as Dog Walker goes to that plant's lane and disposes of it.
It is not recommended to use him for offensive purposes, as he can be moved away when a plant is played on an empty lane.
At first, this might be hard to counter, especially if you don't have any plants or damaging tricks that cost 1 sun. However, you can easily take advantage of his ability by playing a Potato Mine or any weak plant, and have Dog Walker move right in front of it. Other effective ways to counter include Banana Bomb or any plant with 2 strength.
It is not recommended to play an Anti-Hero plant on an empty lane when Dog Walker is on the field unless you need to block its attacks, as Dog Walker will move there.
Be careful of the order you play cards in when Dog Walker is on the field, as you may want certain plants to attack your opponent directly and others to attack Dog Walker.
- The dog the Dog Walker is carrying is a dachshund.
- The card description could possibly reference Garth Nix's quote "Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker?" in the fantasy novel Sabriel.
- He acts the opposite of Zombie Chicken, because while Zombie Chicken moves to another lane when a plant is played on its lane, Dog Walker moves to that lane.
- Coincidentally, both cost 1 brain, have 2/2, and are in the pet tribe.
- If there are multiple Dog Walkers on the field and a plant is played on an empty lane, the leftmost Dog Walker will move to the lane.
- If a Dog Walker is on the field while More Spore is played, and if he is between the two Button Mushrooms made, he will move into the lane with the Button Mushroom on his left. Then, he will move into the lane with the other Button Mushroom.
- If Wild Berry is played, Dog Walker will move to the lane Wild Berry was originally played on, not the lane Wild Berry moves to.
- If Bluesberry is played on an unoccupied lane and activated its ability to destroy Dog Walker, Dog Walker is destroyed after it moves to Bluesberry's lane.
- His hair is similar to Newspaper Zombie's.
- Prior to an update, there was a visual error in which the dog's tongue was underneath its mouth.