Dog Walker is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. He has the Hunt trait, and does not have any abilities. His closest plant counterpart is Corn Dog.
He seems to be based on the unused Dog Walker Zombie found in the data of the first game.
His description could possibly be a reference to Garth Nix's quote "Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker?" in the fantasy novel Sabriel.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Hunt
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
- Ability removed.
- Trait added: Hunt (Same effect as previous ability)
Dog Walker is a good starting zombie, but not for attacking your opponent. Instead, Dog Walker shines at preventing your opponent from playing cheap setup plants like Sunflower, Poison Mushroom, Pea Pod, or even Haunted Pumpking, as Dog Walker goes to that plant's lane and disposes of it. Giving him stat boosts or the Deadly trait helps him destroy tougher plants, while giving him the Frenzy trait lets him hurt your opponent if he can destroy the plant fronting him. However, you will have to beware of instant-kills and Bouncing in this case.
However, Dog Walker's Hunt trait can be easily exploited once your opponent generates enough sun to play multiple plants, especially if they have good, or reliable card draw. Dog Walker cannot be expected to survive long either, since he will always be fronted by a plant unless none are played that turn.
Dog Walker can be hard to counter due to his Hunt trait, especially if you have plants that either need to survive like Party Thyme, or those with Anti-Hero (especially Poison Mushroom and Poison Ivy). However, he is also very easy to destroy thanks to that; any plant that does 2 damage like Potato Mine is enough, as Dog Walker will move there and be destroyed.
Later on, be careful of the order you play cards in when Dog Walker is on the field, as you may want certain plants to survive or attack your opponent directly, and others to combat Dog Walker.
- The dog Dog Walker is carrying is a dachshund.
- If there are multiple Dog Walkers on the field and a plant is played on an empty lane, the leftmost Dog Walker will move to the lane.
- If a Dog Walker is on the field while More Spore is played, and if he is between the two Button Mushrooms made, he will move into the lane with the Button Mushroom on his left. Then, he will move into the lane with the other Button Mushroom.
- If Wild Berry is played, Dog Walker will move to the lane Wild Berry was originally played on, not the lane Wild Berry moves to.
- If Bluesberry is played on an unoccupied lane and activates its ability to destroy Dog Walker, Dog Walker is destroyed after he moves to Bluesberry's lane.
- His hair is similar to Newspaper Zombie's.
- Prior to an update, there was a visual error in which the dog's tongue was underneath its mouth.