|Abilities||When a Plant is played, this Zombie moves there.|
|Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.|
Dog Walker is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability moves him onto a lane where a plant is played most recently.
He seems to be based on the unused Dog Walker Zombie found in the data of the first game.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When a Plant is played, this Zombie moves there.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Even though this can be a good starter zombie, it is best to use him when all other lanes are full, so your opponent cannot take advantage of his ability. However, he can also be used to lock your opponent from playing cheap set-up plants like Sunflower, Poison Mushroom or Pea Pod, as Dog Walker goes to that plant's lane and disposes of it.
It is not recommended to use him for offensive purposes, as he can be moved away when a plant is planted in an empty lane.
At first, this might be hard to counter, especially if you don't have any plants or damaging tricks that cost 1 sun. However, you can easily take advantage of his ability by playing a Potato Mine or any weak plant, and have Dog Walker move right in front of it.
It is not recommended to play an Anti-Hero plant in an empty lane when a Dog Walker is on the field, as the Dog Walker will move there, unless you need to block its attacks.
- The dog the Dog Walker is carrying is a dachshund.
- The card description refers to the Garth Nix's quote "Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker?" in the fantasy novel Sabriel.
- His ability is the opposite of Zombie Chicken's because while Zombie Chicken moves to another lane while another plant is here, Dog Walker moves to that lane.
- Coincidentally, both cost 1 brain and have 2/2.
- If there are multiple Dog Walkers on the field and a plant is played on an empty lane, the leftmost Dog Walker will move into the lane.
- If a Dog Walker is on the field while More Spore is played, and if the two Button Mushrooms are made between him, he will move into the lane with the Button Mushroom on his left. Then, he will move into the lane with the other Button Mushroom.
- If Wild Berry is played, the Dog Walker will go the lane Wild Berry was originally played on, not the lane Wild Berry moves to.
- His hair is similar to Newspaper Zombie's.
- Prior to an update, there was a visual error in which the dog's tongue was underneath its mouth.
- If Bluesberry is played on an unoccupied lane and activated its ability to destroy Dog Walker, Dog Walker is destroyed after it moves to Bluesberry's lane.