Deep Sea Gargantuar
|Tribe||Monster Gargantuar Zombie|
|Has every single issue of Deep Sea Quarterly, but rarely has time to read them.|
Deep Sea Gargantuar is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 6 to play, and has 7/7. He has the Amphibious trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribes: Monster Gargantuar Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
Has every single issue of Deep Sea Quarterly, but rarely has time to read them.
- ▲ Strength change: 6 → 7
- ▲ Health change: 6 → 7
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
This zombie is a really strong one. With a massive 7/7 for just 6, he can destroy tough plants while surviving powerful attacks like Cherry Bomb or Sizzle. If he is boosted from Wizard Gargantuar and/or Smashing Gargantuar, or played on an aquatic lane when against Solar Flare, Chompzilla, or Captain Combustible, this can easily end the game in the favor of the zombie hero.
Because he has the Amphibious trait, you can also play this on an aquatic lane. Since most Amphibious plants are not as powerful as most ones without the Amphibious trait, he can survive a few hits in aquatic lanes and land heavy damage on the plant hero. Using Vitamin Z or Galvanize on him will make him even stronger and turn him into a huge threat for the plant hero.
However, because of his high cost, this zombie can only be played later in the game, when the plant hero can also use powerful cards to deal with Deep Sea Gargantuar. You can play Gargologist to allow him to be played at least 2 turns earlier. However, this combo can primarily only be played with The Smash.
This zombie is one of the strongest Amphibious zombies, and the only Amphibious plant that can destroy him is Guacodile, but it will get destroyed if it is unboosted. Squash can destroy any zombie, so it is also a good counter against him. Another strategy is using Whipvine or Sweet Potato to move this zombie to a ground lane if he is on an aquatic lane, so he can be in range of Tactical Cuke or Lawnmower. The Great Zucchini also works as it transforms him into a random 1/1 zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Deep Sea Gargantuar (PvZH).
- Deep Sea Quarterly may be a reference to Great Ocean Quarterly or Paper Sea Quarterly, both being titles for ocean-related magazines in real life.
- His animations are faster than all other Gargantuars in the game.
- The Imp Mermaid Zombie is not in the game, despite it spawning from Deep Sea Gargantuar in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- However, Fishy Imp resembles her.
- He, Jugger-Nut, Laser Bean, Snapdragon and All-Star Zombie are the only Super-Rare cards with no abilities.
- He is the only Gargantuar with the Amphibious trait.