- For the Chinese version of the level, see Dark Ages - Night 9 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Dark Ages - Night 9 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Dark Ages - Night 9 is the ninth level of Dark Ages in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Dark Alchemy level. This is the first Dark Alchemy level of Dark Ages, as well as the intended first of the game. There are evil potions to make the zombies tougher and faster. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a note.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Penny: Warning! I've detected carafes containing chemical compounds of a malevolent makeup!
Crazy Dave: Can you translate that into Crazy Dave Talk for me?
Penny: There are evil potions on the lawn!
Crazy Dave: Evil medieval potions! They're the most dangerous kind...
Crazy Dave: On account of having twice the evil!
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
Penny: User Dave, we have encountered a scroll.
Crazy Dave: I love side-scrollers! They're my second favorite kind of game.
Penny: This is not a game. It's a piece of parchment bearing a message.
Crazy Dave: Will ya look at that! It's Dark Ages email. Neat-o!
This is the first confrontation of potions to the player (if they have not seen them via Piñata Party). There is no tutorial demonstrated, so they player may find difficulty first time around. The player is highly recommended to bring Area of Effect plants such as Snapdragon and Fume-shroom, as they will easily deal with powered-up zombies. This will also combat the Jester Zombie. Necromancy can be a problem, as they can bring the aforementioned Jester Zombie inside defenses.
Potions cannot be destroyed (in this level), so if a potion appears close to the house, there is not much the player can do other than baiting a zombie to use the potion, then using an instant use plant like Cherry Bomb.
The trick to this level is to place as much as possible early on, so potions won't clog up the lawn and will defeat zombies quicker.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|4||None||One normal and two sun-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|7||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|8||2 4 1 3 5||None||Two normal and two sun-on-destruction tombstones are spawned; first flag|
|11||None||100% Plant Food; one normal and one sun-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|14||2 4||None||One normal and one sun-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|15||500%/7 Plant Food; Necromancy!|
|16||2 4 1 3 5||None||Final flag|
- Required plants:
- Start by two columns of Sun-shrooms. Always plant Potato Mines in the third column to remove the potions.
- Try to use Grave Busters to remove all the graves.
- Plant two columns of Fume-shrooms. Whatever you chose Laser Bean or Snapdragon, you need to plant at least one column of it.
- Plant one column of Tall-nuts to protect from Knight Zombies. Remember if you choose Snapdragon, plant it before planting Tall-nut. However, parallel action is needed.
- Now stall the zombie that is the highest threat. Try to remove one column of Sun-shrooms to have a place for Laser Beans if you choose it.
- Created by Snuffygetlucky
Start by planting two columns of Sun-shrooms in the back. Use Puff-shrooms and Snapdragons to take care of early zombies. When using Grave Busters, go for the ones disrupting your setup first. Then go for the ones with sun icons. Eventually your setup will be like this:
s s L L T
s s S S T
s s S S T
s s S S T
s s L L T
Use Cherry Bombs either when a zombie is about to eat your Sun-shroom, or when there are 3x3 clumps of Knights/Bucketheads.
- Created by Rockstar Deepakraj
- Required plants:
- Plant few Sun-shrooms as you do regularly. Then plant Grave Busters on tombstones to remove them. Some typical zombies comes by getting boosted by Evil potions. You can make them to be weak and small by using Shrinking Violet's. Repeat again and again the method of Shrinking Violet's for zombies who gets boosted by evil potions.
- Then fill Sun-shrooms in first and second columns, Fume-shrooms in third and fourth columns and Snapdragons on fifth column. Snapdragons may make the level easier.
- Then a lot of zombies will come by getting boosted. You must survive the level using Shrinking Violet's as much as you can to make the level easier.
- Feed Plant-Foods to Fume-shrooms which could even destroy the boosted zombies if you forget to keep Shrinking Violet.
Note: Especially in this level, you need to use at least one premium plant which is Shrinking Violet.
- Buckethead Peasant was added in the 2.7.1 update as a zombie for this level.
- There is a modified version of this level in the Epic Quest Rescue the Gold Bloom.
- *: Removed