- For the Chinese version of this level, see Dark Ages - Night 15 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Dark Ages - Night 15 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Dark Ages - Night 15 is the fifteenth level of Dark Ages in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player starts the level with 2200 sun and three Plant Food. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks Magnet-shroom.
This level is very difficult, as it consist of every zombie encountered previously in Dark Ages. The Jester Zombie will limit the plants usable. The Knight Zombie is highly dangerous, as many were spawned, and with only 2200 sun given to spend, it may be difficult to defeat. Wizard Zombie is possibly the worst zombie to combat in this level, as the necromancy ambushes and the tombstones nearly force the player to use a left-most strategy, as well as short ranged plants. The problem is, the Wizard Zombie moves slowly, and has lots of time to transform plants into sheep. Overall, the player may need to use some digging to beat this level, as the first time the player does not have Magnet-shroom.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
- For more strategies, see here.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy can complete the level without Plant Food, paid content, store-bought plants, or losing lawn mowers. If you have not unlocked the Magnet-shroom yet and just want to acquire it easily, you can use the same strategy along with Melon-pult's Plant Food attack.
- Required plants:
To win easily, simply fill the first column with Laser Beans, the second column with FOUR Snapdragons, leaving the fourth lane tile open (the Melon-pult will eventually go here), and protect all lanes with a Wall-nut. Plant the Melon-pult in the free space with the Snapdragons after the Laser Beans have killed the first set of Jesters. When the Necromancy ambush occurs, immediately use Plant Food on the Melon-pult to kill most of the Knights and damage the Wizards enough for the Laser Beans to quickly finish them. Do the same for whenever Wizards appear in the level. You can spend all your remaining Plant Food during the final wave to crush all of the Wizards coming in and then finish off the dying Knights normally. Laser Beans will destroy Plant Food-carrying Tombstones from across the map and keep you well stocked. Jesters may throw back a melon or two but not enough to make a difference. Infi-nut is there in case of emergency protection for any reason and Wall-nut is not recharged.
With Magnet-shroom, you can use the same setup, without needing Plant Food. Arrange the four Snapdragons so that they line up as a pair in front of the second and fourth lane Laser Beans. Place three Magnet-shrooms in every free tile in the second column. This group will keep the Knights and Bucketheads from progressing too far, even if all of your Wall-nuts have been turned to sheep. After the Necromancy ambush, dig up the Laser Beans behind the Snapdragons and use their sun to Cherry Bomb the Wizards that appear in the final wave, then clean up the rest of the zombies. It is STILL possible to win this way WITHOUT unlocking Magnet-shroom first, although it requires a somewhat different plant arrangement, skillful use of Magnifying Grass and expert knowledge of the level's zombie layout.
- Required plants:
- The Wizard Zombie is the greatest threat. It keeps transforming plants, so it would be nice to just kill them right after they appear. Two Cabbage-pult Plant Food upgrades would be enough for this job. Three Wizard Zombies appear, so there will be enough Plant Food if you use Tile Turnips.
- Set up Laser Beans for general damage.
- Use defensive plants to deal with Knight Zombies and Buckethead Peasants.
- Created by Voiceimitator
- Required plants:
- Plant a column of Infi-nuts in column 8. Fill up the rest of screen, including column 9, with Potato Mines. Let's rock.
- Now, as the zombies detonate more Potato Mines, which also clears gravestones, start planting Infi-nuts in column 6, leaving column 7 as a one-tile gap. The whole idea is that the zombies will get bunched up by the Infi-nuts and be able to be killed by a single Potato Mine.
- Take out Wizard Zombie as soon as they appear with Cherry Bombs or Squashes or whatever premium plants you have.
- Use Plant Food on Potato Mines to make more Potato Mines. (Alternatively, experiment with using Plant Food on the Infi-nuts. With this strategy, you do not need the column 6 Infi-nuts.)
- Towards the end of the game, you can dig up anything you are obviously not going to use (i.e., plants in rows where no more zombies are appearing). You will then have plenty of extra sun for a few more Squashes or Cherry Bombs to take out any remaining Wizard Zombies. You should finish comfortably without the need for any lawn mowers.
- If you do have Ghost Pepper and/or Imitater, it is pretty easy to finish the level with just these and Potato Mine and nothing else if you dig up the Ghost Peppers for a refund of sun just after they explode.
These plants do not shoot projectiles, therefore the Jester Zombies cannot deflect them.
- Plant the first column with Lightning Reeds, second column with Fume-shroom and third column with Snapdragon.
- The combination will go well, but when Knight Zombies or any other strong zombies are going to eat the Snapdragon. You will get two Plant Foods as extra. Use most of the Plant Foods on Snapdragon or Lightning Reed. In the final wave the Wizard Zombie soon makes all plants into sheep. But before that if you have conserved Plant Food, use it on Lightning Reed. If you do not, dig out some plants and use Cherry Bomb and use lawn mowers.
- If you do not have the sun shovel, just let the lawn mowers to finish the level.
- Place Infi-nuts at the third, fourth, fifth and ninth column, fill the first column with Laser beans and plant Phat beets on the third, fifth and seventh column.
When the tombstones appear, use Plant Food on the Laser Beans at the lines with Plant Food tombstones and depending on the positions, give Plant Food to one or more of the Infi-nuts at the third, fourth or fifth column.
- Before the 2.6.1 update, a possible glitch for this level was for a stray Jester Zombie to appear on-screen before the "Let's Rock" button was pressed.
- There is a modified version of this level in the Gem Jam Epic Quest.
- *: Removed