- For the Chinese version of the level, see Dark Ages - Night 12 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Dark Ages - Night 12 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Dark Ages - Night 12 is the twelfth level of Dark Ages in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Save Our Seeds level. To complete it, the player must protect five Puff-shrooms and prevent them from disappearing. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Dark Ages Endless Zone - Arthur's Challenge.
- Puff-shrooms are the endangered plants. Because of their gimmick of disappearing after a while, using Plant Food on them is needed to win. Luckily, there is ample supply of Plant Food throughout the level. Saving Plant Food should be kept in order, as mindlessly using it all can easily result in a loss. Jester Zombie and Wizard Zombie can prove to be an annoying pair, as most Area of Effect plants are short ranged. Necromancy can also cause some trouble.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||None||100% Plant Food|
|4||None||One normal, two sun-on-destruction, and two Plant Food-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|5||Necromancy!; 600%/7 Plant Food|
|7||None||One normal, two sun-on-destruction, and two Plant Food-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|8||First flag; Necromancy!; 100% Plant Food|
|10||None||Two normal, two sun-on-destruction, and one Plant Food-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|11||Necromancy!; 400%/7 Plant Food|
|12||1 5 2 4 3||None|
|13||None||Five normal and one Plant Food-on-destruction tombstones are spawned|
|14||Necromancy!; 100% Plant Food|
|15||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
- Suggested plants
- Start by planting one column of Sun-shrooms. Let the Puff-shrooms destroy the graves. When all the graves near them are broken, be ready. When they are about to disappear, immediately use a Plant Food on one of them, because its Plant Food ability also extends their lifespan. Then, plant another column of Sun-shrooms on the third column.
- Plant at least two columns of Fume-shrooms and a column of Snapdragons. Then, plant a column of Wall-nuts or Tall-nuts next to the Snapdragons.
- Pay attention to the Puff-shrooms. Remember to feed one of them Plant Food regularly.
- Be careful of Knight Zombies and Wizard Zombies. Kill them quickly or use Cherry Bombs on them.
- Use Grave Busters to remove any tombstones on the lawn.
- You can launch a lawn mower when this level becomes too hard.
- When the Puff-shroom start flashing, you should quickly give the Puff-shroom plant food.
- Also, the player can use Puff-shroom's Plant Food Boost, if available, to easily complete the level. However, be careful of Jester Zombies when doing so, as it can deflect the spores from the Puff-shroom and kill them before you realize that mistake.
- The objective in this Save Our Seeds here is different from the others, as the plant given to protect is capable of disappearing on its own, requiring the player to look after them more frequently.
- When the player lets the Puff-shrooms disappear, they will get a message "Puff-shroom did not survive!" instead of "The zombies ate your plant!"
- However, if one of the Puff-shrooms is killed or eaten by zombies, they will still get a message "The zombies ate your plant!" normally.
- Oddly, a brain appears on the game over screen, despite the player themselves not dying.
- If the player loses this level if a Puff-shroom disappear, when restarting, he or she will get a message "Plant Food refreshes all Puff-shrooms."