|First seen||Park-n-Perish Level 1|
|Cost of neighbor attack||1500 coins|
|Training cost||400 coins|
|Training time||5 minutes|
|“Gruhhhh braaaains,” moans DJ Zom-B. It’s a succinct and telling expression of his overall worldview.|
DJ Zom-B is a zombie encountered in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. Its main difference from the regular Zombie is that it has five hats and a gold necklace, which act like armors to protect it from any incoming damage. Because of this, it has an incredibly high toughness compared to other zombies. However, once these shields are gone, it acts as a normal Zombie.
The DJ Zom-B absorbs 32 normal damage shots. It degrades at 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 (at which point, all the hats are gone), 18, 21, 24 (at which point, the necklace is gone), and 28. It finally is defeated at 32 normal damage shots.
“Gruhhhh braaaains,” moans DJ Zom-B. It’s a succinct and telling expression of his overall worldview.
- Plants vs. Zombies Adventures Facebook Page
- Park-n-Perish: All levels except for 11 and 21
- Killjoy Park: All levels except for 9 and 19
- Sweaty Palms: All levels except for 1, 2, 6, 8, 18, 21
- U of Z: 11, 12, 15, 17 to 19, 20, 22
- Frostbite Falls: 3 to 7, 11, 12, 14, 18 to 23
- Mildew Meadow: 1, 6 to 9, 12 to 17, 20, 23 to 26
- Grey Matter Gardens: 1, 3 to 5, 8 to 12, 16, 17, 21, 22, 24
- The Sever Glades: 2, 4 to 9, 11, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26
- The Sand Dooms: 1 to 6, 8, 10, 17
- Zombitorium Manor: 1, 2, 3, 6 to 10, 16 to 20
- Reclaiming lots: The Post Office Lot, The Cafe Lot, The Bamboo Lot and The Chilly Lot.
When first discovered, it is quite hard to deal with it, having a total of 32 health. Planting some Beets next to a Wall-nut should do. If you are not using Beets, let it get in the range of most of your plants and then freeze it with ZombiFreeze. This should take most of its hats off leaving little left. In farther levels, Flaming Peas should easily take off all the hats without any ZombiFreeze needed. Once Bamboo Shoots are unlocked, DJ Zom-Bs becomes even much less of a threat, as one shot from a Bamboo Shoot can take out three of its hats at once. Finally, use Magnet Plant to steal its necklace.
In Brainball, a wave of DJ Zom-Bs along with some other zombies are very deadly. They can hoard around a Wall-nut and eat it quite fast. If there are some Beets nearby, you should try to freeze these plants as they deal quite a lot damage. If you wish to send in some Conga Leader, it is best to let the DJ Zom-B take hits for the Conga Leader to protect them, thus leading more spawned Conga Dancers.
- It walks differently from other zombies, as it half walks and half dances.
- Its original name was the "Mad Hatter Zombie," which explains why it has so many hats.
- The beta name might be a reference to the Mad Hatter, a character in the novel, Alice in Wonderland.
- If one looks closely, they can see that it has a golden tooth.
- It has the most degrades (nine) compared to any other zombie.
- Five of them are the hats being taken off, and the others are the necklace degrades and the zombie degrade.
- Various pieces of artwork depict its necklace as a circle with a flipped "Z" in the middle, but in-game, it is a golden skull.
- It is unknown how the Magnet Plant magnetizes the gold necklace since the necklace is around its neck and gold is a non-magnetic metal.
- In game, its face changes when its necklace degrades.
- Its name resembles that of DJ Pon-3, also named Vinyl Scratch, from the animated television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Its name and appearance might be an inspiration for MC Zom-B's name and appearance.