DJ Morning Glory (喇叭花; pinyin: lǎbāhuā; sometimes officially called DJ喇叭花) is a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He was added in the 1.9 update and he is an event plant which the player can earn by either buying a plant pack or enter a lottery event. He costs 375 sun and attacks zombies by firing high damaging sound waves at them which do 100 damage.
DJ Morning Glory is based on the morning glory, one of many plants in the Convolvulaceae family. His name is a pun on speaker (喇叭) and the morning glory (喇叭花). The morning glory is also known as the speaker flower (喇叭花) in Chinese.
Note: In-game, DJ Morning Glory deals Heavy damage and his recharge is Mediocre.
DJ Morning Glory
喇叭花 (DJ Morning Glory)
Sun cost: 375
Emits sound waves to attack zombies and deflects the zombies' sound projectiles.
Special: Reflects zombies' sound projectiles, after it levels up, DJ Morning Glories will combine their power to increase their attack.
Plant feature: green plantDJ Morning Glory has been disturbed by the noise of the renovation upstairs for a long time. After he asked his neighbour, Phat Beet on how to solve the problem, he immediately bought a MSR-7 headphone.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, DJ Morning Glory produces a large shock wave which pushes back zombies in 3 tiles in front of him and continuously damages zombies which are in front of the shock wave, as well as stunning them until the effect ends.
His shock wave is now three lanes wide instead of one.
As he can deflect soundwaves back from Hair Metal Gargantuar, Bass Zombie and Zombot Multi-stage Masher in any time, he should be placed in front of them because he can protect the plants from being destroyed by soundwaves. However, he has a high sun cost which requires the player to manage their sun well enough to plant him.
- His body acts as a speaker during his Plant Food effect and while deflecting shockwaves.
- He is the only Chinese-exclusive plant in Neon Mixtape Tour.
- If a soundwave targets at him while being fed with Plant Food at the same time, he will reflect the soundwave back as the boosted projectile.
- Additionally, he will shoot another boosted projectile while performing its animation.
- Before version 1.9.0, his Plant Food effect had Laser Bean's Plant Food effect sound.
- In the 2.0.0 update, DJ Morning Glory has his own new sound effect.