Cut Down to Size
|Abilities||Destroy a Plant that has 5 or more.|
|"The tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut. Braaainz!" - Ancient Zombie Proverb|
Cut Down to Size is a super-rare zombie superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. It costs 1 to play, and its ability instantly destroys a selected plant with 5 or more.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Superpower Trick
- Ability: Destroy a Plant that has 5 or more.
- Rarity: Super-Rare
"The tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut. Braaainz!" - Ancient Zombie Proverb
- Restricted to Super Brainz and Rustbolt.
- Description change: Was originally The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
This card is similar to Rocket Science but cheaper, as it can be handy for plants that get too powerful, like Super-Phat Beets, Pea Pod, Soul Patch, Hibernating Beary or Doubled Mint. It can also be used to destroy glass cannons like Carrotillery. This trick should not be used to destroy Grapes of Wrath as you will receive 6 damage, unless you are close to blocking an attack, or you want to clear the way for powerful zombies.
Keep in mind that Rocket Science has a similar ability, but has a higher brain cost and can be used on plants with 4 or more instead of 5 so it can be more useful in terms of how many plants it can destroy.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cut Down to Size.
- Its current description is a reference to a Russian proverb, "The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the scythe."
- Its original description is based on an actual idiom.
- Its name is based on the phrase 'Cut down to size' which means to lower or decrease someone's importance, self-importance, or confidence.