| Crash of the Titan|
Defeat your first Gargantuar.
Difficulty: Somewhat easy
Crash of the Titan is an achievement that can be obtained on the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and PlayStation Vita versions of Plants vs. Zombies. In order to unlock it, the player must defeat a Gargantuar.
- For more strategies, see Gargantuar.
Gargantuars are first encountered on Level 5-8. There are two Gargantuars in this level. It is best for you to use an instant kill and a Jalapeno or a Doom-shroom with a Coffee Bean right after, so the Imp that it throws gets killed too.
In PlayStation or Xbox 360 versions, you could also play Co-op Bowling, as Gargantuars appear in this Co-op level. Winning the Co-op Bowling level for the first time will also earn you the ZFF's 4 Evr achievement as well. You could also play the mini-game Heavy Weapon to get this achievement. Keep in mind that these ways are not necessary, as you need to finish Adventure Mode first to access these features.
Winning Ace of Vase or finishing a level of Vasebreaker Endless will also achieve this (due to every set of vases having at least one Gargantuar). One way to easily kill a Gargantuar without making it launch its Imp is to wait until it gets a bandage on its arm (but not its head) by using your regular plants and kill it with an instant kill.
However, if you play Me Smash! and a Gargantuar dies, it does not count, since the Gargantuar is your ally.
Note: If you get the Popcorn Party achievement, you will also get Crash of the Titan.
- The achievement's name is a reference to either the Crash Bandicoot game Crash of the Titans, or the 2010 movie Clash of the Titans, but it seems that the name is a reference to both.
- The lawn ornament in the Xbox Live Arcade version of Plants vs. Zombies is a buried Gargantuar with cross marks on its eyes and a butterfly on its head.
- It is one of the few achievements that must be done to finish Adventure Mode, the others are Soil Your Plants and Home Lawn Security (or Resolute Homeowner on the Nintendo DS version).
- Its icon shows a Gargantuar with a large bruise on its head, suggesting that it got hit by a lobbed-shot plant.
- The Windows Phone 7 version's icon shows a Gargantuar's head on what appears to be a plate.