Count Chompula is very, very hungry. He's always looking for a Zombie feast. He regains health for every Zombie he swallows.
Eat Zombies to regain lost health!
The main difference from the normal Chomper Plant is that whenever Count Chompula eats and swallows a zombie, he will recover some health. It seems so far that no matter what type of zombie you eat, he will always gain 50 health. This is to counteract the fact that Count Chompula has 125 health without the health upgrade or 150 with the health upgrade and is no faster whatsoever than what a normal Chomper is.
Vampiric Chomp is the primary weapon of the Count Chompula. It deals the same amount of damage as the normal Chomp (25 damage). However, after a zombie is eaten, it will heal by 50.
Goop is Chompers' only "ranged" attack, purple goo is spit out. If an enemy is directly hit, they will take light amounts of damage over time, obtain lower speed (including turning around), and preventing the use of their abilities, making the zombie an easy target to chomp.
Burrow allows the Chomper burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly or to ambush zombies. Can easily be countered by Engineer's Sonic Grenade. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Not moving will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. The player may remain motionless once activating Burrow for approximately 15 seconds before being forced back to the surface.
Chomper deploys a Spikeweed, which snare zombies that step on it, making it defenseless from its adversaries and hung upside-down (deals 25x2 damage) for a short period of time or until being vanquished. Any zombies using improvised armor will have their armor destroyed by being caught in a Spikeweed, leaving them vulnerable. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies. The player can have three Spikeweeds.
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop renders an enemy zombie unable to move, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is twice of the normal goop and its damage is halved.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is just like Burrow, but faster and leaves the player underground with a shorter time.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Vampweed doesn't deal any damage, but it will heal you a total of 40 hp (10x4 hp) and still snaring zombies. Like the Spiky Spikeweed, only 2 can be stockpiled at a time.
An alternate ability of Goop, the Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather launches a projectile from the Chomper's mouth after a second that deals a great amount of damage if it hits a zombie. This is useful for attacking Zombies on the rooftops.
Super Vampiric Speed Boost
Count Chompula gets even faster movement speed with his Super Vampiric Speed Boost.
Reduces time to digest Zombies through the use of a hyper digestion system.
Crazy Health Boost
Maximum health increased because he's CRAAAAAZY!
Count Chompula is ideally suited towards roaming Chompers who like to operate behind enemy lines, on the outskirts of the map and in other obscure locations, far away from teammates. The ability to recover health independently by eating zombies makes surviving when away from Sunflowers much easier as you are able to gain more health on your own rather than just auto-regenerating to 50%, allowing you to operate alone for longer than normal. On the contrary though, Count Chompula loses some of his efficiency when near allies as the ability to recover health independently is rendered obsolete by the fact that Sunflowers can just as easily heal you and the 25 HP less health will eventually play against you. This is not true for Garden Warfare 2, as you will still auto-regenerate after %50 of your health, which makes this Chomper seem an even worse choice compared to other ones, unless if you get caught while swallowing. Pairing this character with Vampweed would be a great idea, because with Vampweed you can recover an extra 30 health with swallowing.
- ▲ Digestion time was decreased after a chomp escape (i.e. victim got away using anti-chomp ability like Jackhammer).
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters.
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to that in Garden Warfare.
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- His name is a spoof of Count Dracula.
- It is also a spoof of the cereal brand and mascot, "Count Cochula." whitch is also a Dracula spoof.
- Other than normal regeneration, he is the only variant that can heal on its own, without the use of an ability.
- He only heals when it fully eats a zombie, meaning if he attempts to eat a zombie that cannot normally be eaten (like an Engineer riding a Jackhammer) and fails to do so, he will not regain any health.
- After he eats a zombie, he glows reddish-yellow and plays a violin chord for a few seconds.
- A shorter version of the chord also plays when he bites.
- When its original Hat Accessory is removed, his head will no longer glow when he swallows a zombie.
- This, Vampire Zombie, Vampire Flower, Baron von Bats, Vimpire, Vampire Imp, Vampweed and Ancient Vimpire the only plants and zombies based on vampires.