|Variant of||Kernel Corn|
|Baby Corn Buster|
|Abilities|| Full Commando|
Bigger Better Butter
Commando Corn is a Legendary variant of Kernel Corn in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 which was added in the Frontline Fighters DLC. He fires slower than the standard Kernel Corn, but his shots deal splash damage, similarly to the Rugby Star. His Legendary mode is called 'Full Commando', and when it is activated Commando Corn's ammo clip will increase, from 20 to 50, as well as giving him increased speed. Unlike other legendary variants, however, he can only be unlocked by opening Frontline Fighters Packs or purchasing the Feastivus content pack.
"Commando Corn leads the elite combat group known only as the Commando Crops. Raised and nurtured in the battlefield trenches, he's developed a fearsome battle prowess that has earned him respect among his peers. If you have a problem.... if no one else can help.... and if you can find him.... maybe you can hire.... Commando Corn."
His fast firing baby corn rockets deal just enough splash damage to forgive a missed shot, and his Full Commando mode gives him extra ammo!
Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato. A massive amount of butter is deployed from the sky in an "x" shape wherever it lands.
Kernel Corn leaps into the air in a forward distance while firing his Cob Busters directly below him which damages any target below him.
Similar to ZPG, Kernel Corn fires 2 big cobs straight in front of him. It does massive damage and is capable of instantly vanquishing anything it hits (except for Z-Mechs), if the cobs manage to score a direct hit.
Bigger, Better Butter
Revealed in a live stream, it is the alternative ability to the Butter Barrage. Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato, but one giant piece of butter falls from the sky where it landed and does 20 damage if it lands on a zombie, which then makes a large explosion.
Although he may have a slower fire rate, Commando Corn's ability can do what other Kernel Corn's variants cannot do, splash damage. With his splash damage, you can take on a group of zombies at once instead of vanquishing them one by one. Be aware that his splash damage radius is not that big, and will not account for a completely missed shot. His legendary meter also makes him more potent than other Kernel Corn variants, but you need to be skilled at vanquishing to fill it to get increased speed and ammunition.
- Commando Corn's appearance could reference two different characters from Call of Duty: Black Ops:
- The eye patch he wears is in the same fashion as Grigori Weaver, a Russian ally.
- His attire is similar to that of Frank Woods, an American soldier who was killed in the hunt against Russian war criminal Kravchenko.
- Alternatively, he could also resemble Snake, otherwise known as Big Boss, from Metal Gear Solid.
- Commando Corn's description references the opening theme of the A-Team: If you have a problem... if no-one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... the A-Team.