Commando Corn is a Legendary variant of Kernel Corn in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 which was added in the Frontline Fighters DLC. He fires slower than the standard Kernel Corn, but his shots deal splash damage, similarly to the Rugby Star. His Legendary mode is called 'Full Commando', and when it is activated Commando Corn's ammo clip will increase, from 20 to 50, as well as giving him increased speed.
"Commando Corn leads the elite combat group known only as the Commando Crops. Raised and nurtured in the battlefield trenches, he's developed a fearsome battle prowess that has earned him respect among his peers. If you have a problem.... if no one else can help.... and if you can find him.... maybe you can hire.... Commando Corn."
His fast firing baby corn rockets deal just enough splash damage to forgive a missed shot, and his Full Commando mode gives him extra ammo!
Kernel Corn tosses a something that looks very similar to a Hot Potato. A massive amount of butter is deployed from the sky in an "x" shape wherever the Hot Potato lands.
Kernel Corn leaps into the air in a forward distance while firing his Cob Busters directly below him which damages any target below him.
Similar to ZPG, Kernel Corn fires two big cobs straight in front of him (each one dealing 125 damage). It does massive damage and is capable of instantly vanquishing anything it hits (except for Z-Mechs), if the cobs manage to score a direct hit.
Revealed in a live stream, it is the alternative ability to the Butter Barrage. Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato, but instead of multiple pieces of butter being fired, one giant piece of butter falls from the sky. If it lands on an enemy zombie, it inflicts an extra 20 damage to that Zombie, as well as paralyzes it. The AOE is about the same as the Butter Barrage, but deals one heap of instant damage when it explodes (Butter Barrage has multiple explosions).
Although he may have a slower fire rate, Commando Corn's ability can do what other Kernel Corn's variants cannot do: splash damage. With his splash damage, you can take on a group of zombies at once instead of vanquishing them one by one. Be aware that his splash damage radius is not that big, and will not account for a completely missed shot. His legendary meter also makes him more potent than other Kernel Corn variants, but you need to be skilled at vanquishing to fill it.
- Commando Corn's appearance could reference two different characters from Call of Duty: Black Ops:
- The eye patch he wears is in the same fashion as Grigori Weaver, a Russian ally.
- His attire is similar to that of Frank Woods, an American soldier who was killed in the hunt against Russian war criminal Kravchenko.
- Alternatively, he could also resemble Snake, otherwise known as Big Boss, from Metal Gear Solid.
- Commando Corn's description references the opening theme of the A-Team: If you have a problem... if no-one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... the A-Team.
- He is the only legendary who has 2 reload upgrades.