|Special||On impact, explodes in a 3x3 area|
|Direct damage||45 normal damage shots|
|Unlocked||Beating Pirate Seas - Day 11|
|Unlocked (China)||Collecting 10 Coconut Cannon Puzzle Pieces|
|Sure, he's a hairy old man, but Coconut Cannon can still fire on all cylinders. The reason he's so hairy: he's in-between waxings.|
Coconut Cannon is the fifth plant obtained in Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The player can tap on the Coconut Cannon to fire a coconut in a straight line. Upon impact with a zombie, the coconut will explode, dealing 45 normal damage shots to the initial target as well as 15 normal damage shots to all enemies in a 3x2 area around it. After firing, Coconut Cannon will have to wait for 16 seconds before it can fire again.
Sun cost: 400
Coconut Cannons fire down a single lane, causing a medium explosion on impact.
Usage: tap to fire
Special: On impact, explodes in medium area
Sure, he's a hairy old man, but Coconut Cannon can still fire on all cylinders. The reason he's so hairy: he's in-between waxings.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Coconut Cannon will release a gigantic coconut, pushing all zombies to the rightmost edge of the screen and dealing 60 normal damage shots to all of them in a 3x3 area at the end. Coconut Cannon will also immediately go into cooldown afterwards.
Coconut Cannon now shoots a bullet that stuns zombies in a 5x1 area when it explodes.
- Hover the image to see the full description.
|Recharge time is now shortened by 1 second.|
|Recharge time is now shortened by 1.5 seconds.|
| Coconut Cannon may be boosted when planted.
Coconut Cannon's main asset is its high splash damage capability - thanks to this, Coconut Cannon can be used to take down large groups of zombies with ease, especially in Endless Zone levels where enough Coconut Cannons can be purchased to allow the player to have a constant source of firepower. However, this is balanced by a massive 400 sun cost and cooldown time between shots, which makes Coconut Cannon less practical in normal levels. Coconut Cannon can also be outclassed by Strawburst later on, which can deal even more impressive amount of splash damage, though Strawburst also requires tons of time in order to have a higher capability of dealing heavy damage.
Coconut Cannon is particularly useful when planted on minecarts in Wild West, as the player can relocate it to fire on lanes with concentrated amounts of zombies, instead of having to plant multiple Coconut Cannons. Its Plant Food ability can also be used to push zombies back to prevent a single lane from being overrun, although the Plant Food ability should not be used in Ancient Egypt and Dark Ages if there are tombstones in the same row, as they can block the giant coconut and protect zombies behind them.
Avoid using Coconut Cannon against Jester Zombies in the Dark Ages. Not only will the Jester throw back the coconut, taking no damage, but the damage from the coconut is enough to insta-kill any plant other than most defensive plants, although its Plant Food ability cannot be reflected by Jester Zombie. One should also avoid using Coconut Cannon against Excavator Zombies in the Lost City, as they will completely negate the cannon balls effect if hit directly, potentially leaving the player in a bad situation. Though the excavator cannot block the Plant Food effect either, and can die of splash damage if not directly hit.
Coconut Cannon is a great plant in emergency situations, as firing them and shoveling them up right afterwards, assuming all the shovel refund upgrades are obtained, only cost the player 100 sun. This method gives Coconut Cannon great potential against large groups of strong zombies, such as Knight Zombies.
Taking down an Imp Cannon in Pirate Seas with a Coconut Cannon will net the player the Broadside achievement. This tactic is not recommended however, as there is rarely a clear line of sight for Coconut Cannon to fire due to the other zombies advancing, especially the Imp Pirate Zombies being constantly fired from the Imp Cannon.
Wild West - Day 20
Coconut Cannon is given in the eighth wave of Wild West - Day 20, a Not OK Corral level, if two or more plants were lost beforehand and is required to deal with the massive amount of zombies in the later portion of the level, particularly the Buckethead Zombies. However, if no plant was lost, there is a chance that it will be replaced by a Repeater, which will make completing the level much more difficult. Thus, it is strongly advised that the player resets the level if they did not get the Coconut Cannon.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Coconut Cannon.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- This is the first plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that is activated by touch. The second was Magnifying Grass, then Banana Launcher, followed by Strawburst, and lastly, Jack O' Lantern.
- If Plant Food is given to the Coconut Cannon and a tombstone is in the same lane, the bomb will explode when it touches the tombstone.
- In the Chinese version, the third level Plant Food will play Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven, which is an Easter egg referencing Extreme Fever from Peggle.
- When watered in the Zen Garden, Coconut Cannon's fuse will be extinguished. The same happens to Torchwood, Pepper-pult, Fire Peashooter, Lava Guava and Jack O' Lantern with their flames.
- If an Imp Cannon is destroyed by Coconut Cannon, the player will get the Broadside achievement.
- Its projectiles can destroy an Excavator Zombie's shovel if enough splash damage is dealt. However, Excavator Zombie is still immune to Coconut Cannon's coconuts if they directly hit It.
Specific to the Chinese version
- The bullet that Coconut Cannon shoots for its costumed Plant Food ability looks very similar to the Banzai Bill from the Super Mario series.
- If one manages to use Sunflower Singer Plant Food's ability, Coconut Cannon will somehow recharge again, even when the player didn't use it at all.