Clique Peas are an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and members of the Mega-Grow class. They cost 1 to play, and have 1/1. They do not have any traits, and their abilities shuffle two Clique Peas into the plant hero's deck, give all Clique Peas, including them, +1/+1 and increase their cost by 1 when they are played. The latter two abilities stack with each Clique Peas played, and persists until the end of the match.
They are based on the chickpea, a legume of the family Fabaceae.
Their name is a portmanteau of "clique," a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them, referring to their ability and description, and "chickpea," the real-life plant they are based on.
Their description is a reference to "On Wednesdays we wear pink," a quote in in the movie Mean Girls. However, Clique Peas always wear sunglasses no matter what day it is, making their description inaccurate.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribes: Bean Pea Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: When played: Shuffle two Clique Peas into your deck. For the rest of the game, all Clique Peas get +1/+1 and cost +1.
- Set: Event
On Wednesdays we wear sunglasses.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
- ▼ Ability change: All Clique Peas get +1/+1. → All Clique Peas get +1/+1 and cost +1.
Try to play this card in a deck with lots of card draw, since all Clique Peas get boosted when you play one. It is recommended to bring cards that draw other cards such as Flourish so you can get more Clique Peas earlier. This works best with Chompzilla and Grass Knuckles, as they both have Holo-Flora as their minor superpowers, allowing them to draw cards cheaply and, in turn, getting a copy of Clique Peas card faster.
Since Clique Peas are both in the bean and pea tribes, they activate the abilities of Admiral Navy Bean and Bean Counter when played, and benefit from cards like Torchwood and The Podfather. They can also be Conjured by Cosmic Bean, Cosmic Pea and Mayflower. However, the traits that those cards grant them like the Team-Up or Double Strike will not apply to the copies shuffled into your deck.
Clique Peas are best played early game, so you can quickly get more Clique Peas and increase the value of all Clique Peas cards you draw. Remember, playing a Clique Pea also boosts all Clique Peas currently on the field, which may come to your advantage. This card is very similar to Going Viral, though it does not draw an extra card.
Since they boost themselves, both the plant you placed and the others already on the field, they work well with Potted Powerhouse, as she will boost herself enormously for each Clique Peas boosted, allowing another way to deal massive damage to the opponent if the Clique Peas are unable to do so. Clique Peas also work well with Onion Rings, as its ability will boost Clique Peas's stats on top of their boosted stats, making them even bigger threats.
However, be wary of Total Eclipse as if you have not played Clique Peas yet, Total Eclipse's ability will take place before Clique Peas's ability, destroying it before it can activate its ability. Another zombie you need to worry would be Supernova Gargantuar as if he or another Gargantuar destroys one of the Clique Peas, all the Clique Peas on the field will be destroyed.
The main disadvantage about using this card is that Clique Peas' costs increase by 1 after shuffling. Be very careful after playing this card, as your sun counter will be wasted a lot. However, if you are playing as Captain Combustible, he can take advantage of this by playing Molekale to transform a field full of Clique Peas with higher costs into stronger plants.
A general Clique Peas user will attempt to mulligan for as many Clique Peas as possible due to their ability of "giving them +1/+1 for the rest of the game." The ability boosts Clique Peas on the field, so if they play two of these by turn 2, you're going to face two Clique Peas with 3/3 stats each. If this task is performed, it can be very hard to deal with.
If your opponent happens to pull this tactic against you, try to keep yourself as ahead as possible. Crazy heroes can deal with the first Clique Pea by using Bungee Plumber or any other removal so that other Clique Peas don't buff it in following turns. Brainy heroes can use Teleportation Zombie or Teleport to block off the Clique Peas from damaging your hero because Clique Pea users tend to try to finish the game as fast as they can before you accumulate enough brains to deal with them by playing them in empty lanes. Sneaky heroes can Bounce and use Deadly zombies to deal with Clique Peas, though be wary of Bouncing them as they gain an extra +1/+1 worth of stats. Hearty can stall turns with Planetary Gladiator and use Escape through Time on him to make their hero immune to damage for the turn as a last-ditch effort. Several Beastly cards can also deal with Clique Peas. As mentioned before, Supernova Gargantuar can destroy all of the Clique Peas on the field when he or any other Gargantuar destroys a copy of it. Biodome Botanist can clog all the lanes with 1/1 plants, leaving no space for the plant hero to place Clique Peas on the field. Extinction Event is also useful against multiple Clique Peas.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Clique Peas.
- They are the second card that can make infinite copies of themselves, the first being Going Viral.
- It is the first, and currently, the only plant card and fighter to do so.
- They are one of the two fighters in the game whose ability will last for the rest of the game when they are played, in this case, giving all copies of them +1/+1 and increasing their cost by 1 for the rest of the current match. The other is Intergalactic Warlord, which gives all zombies +1/+1 for the rest of the current match.
- If the boosting animation is played when the plant hero draws a card, the zombie hero can ensure that they drew Clique Peas.
- If the player listens closely, they say "hello" when they are played.
- Occasionally, they will say "alright, alright" or "classy" during their idle animation.
- Their description has a grammatical error:
- It is said by one of the Clique Peas, but the description does not have quotation marks at the start and end of it.
- They and Quasar Wizard are the only cards that speak audible English when played.
- When one of these cards that has the cost increased is played and then Molekale is played, the Clique Peas will transform into a plant that costs 1 more than the result of all the previous cost increasements.