- For other versions, see Citron (disambiguation).
|Variants|| Iron Citron|
Citron is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is a time-traveling, bounty-hunting orange from the future who traveled to the present to turn the tide of battle. He is the tank class of the plants team.
The Citron is a time-travelling bounty hunter from the future… and also an orange. His one of a kind transformation ability allows him to get into the action faster than any other Plant, then instantly transform to attack mode for maximum effectiveness!
Citron is a time-travelling bounty hunter from the future, who also happens to be an orange. He's here to chew bubblegum and kick Z-Mech butt, and he's all out of bubblegum.
Use his ball form to roll right into the action before switching to attack mode, laying waste to Zombies with his Orange Beam!
Post Beta Patch
- ▼ Increased Heat Per Bullet for Citron from 0.1 to 0.11
- ▼ Decreased Heat Drop Per Second for Citron from 0.52 to 0.5
- ▲ Made bone-collision changes to reduce size of Citron’s critical hit area
- ▲ Citron can now fire sooner after coming out of Ball Form
- ▲ Removed movement speed penalty from transition into and out of Citron Ball Form Mode
- ▲ Increased close-range impact damage from 5 - 6
- ▲ Increased explosion damage from 5 - 6
- ▼ Reduced damage falloff start/end distance from 25/35 – 20/30
- ▲ Reduced heat generated when firing so it now takes longer to overheat
- Reduced reticle bloom
July 2016 Patch
- ▼ Decreased far damage from 3.5 to 3
- ▼ Decreased damage falloff star/end distance from 20/30 to 10/20
- ▼ Decreased splash damage radius from 1.26 to 0.5
- ▼ Decreased splash damage from 6 to 5
Citron's primary weapon is called the Orange Beam. It's simply a laser with infinite ammo. It deals 3-6 impact damage and 4-7 critical but also 6 splash damage.
Assault Mode abilities
EMPeach, like its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, slows down and lightly damages zombies in its radius. It also prevents zombies from using their abilities.
When Citron Ball is used, Citron curls up in a ball, increasing his jump height and speed. It is most likely used to chase after Imps, as their increased speed and agility make it harder to hit them. When in Citron Ball form, Citron loses the ability to shoot and use EMPeach and Peel Shield, but gain Hyper Ball and Ball Charge as new abilities which replace the former two.
An alternate version of the Citron Ball for the Party Citron. Functions identically to the normal Citron Ball.
If Peel Shield is activated, Citron gains a shield in front of where it is facing, absorbing a certain amount of damage. However, Citron is still vulnerable to shots to its side and back.
An alternate ability instead of Peel Shield. Withstands more damage, yet has a shorter duration. Color changes based on how much health the shield has left.
Citron Ball abilities
Hyper Ball is the first ability available for Citron in Citron Ball form. When used, it further enhances Citron's already enhanced speed and jump height.
Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.
Citron will slow down and roll in place for a few seconds, before charging forwards and hitting any zombies in his path, dealing damage to them.
- The EMPeach can both stun and damage all zombies affected by the attack. Its best use is against a group of zombies.
- The Peel Shield only blocks attacks from the front, so avoid being flanked.
- Do not overestimate your shield. It can be broken if it takes too much damage.
- You can use your primary weapon while using the Peel Shield to improve your chances of success in a fight.
- If you use Citron Ball while you are using Peel Shield, the shield will be lost.
- Citron Ball is best used to advance up to tactical positions or for a quick escape.
- Use the enhanced speed from Hyper Ball to distract zombie players while your teammates deal some damage.
- Spin Dash will do great damage to any Imp; if they are giving you trouble, charge right into them.
- His name could reference three things; one being Citrus, the fruit, which is an orange-like fruit, the name could come from the word "Citrus" and the "tron" part would come from Citron being part-robot, or, the name could come from Citron, the lemon like fruit.
- He appears to be the only plant class that originates from Plants vs. Zombies 2, although it is heavily redesigned.
- His Citron Ball skill could be a reference to Samus Aran's Morph Ball from the Metroid series.
- His description also says "The Citron is a time-travelling bounty hunter," which may also refer to Samus Aran because she is a galactic bounty hunter.
- The Spin Dash is probably based on the similar named move of Sonic.
- It being mentioned that he is from the future references Far Future.
- Citron and Rose, along with their variants, are the only plants to wield an actual weapon. Citron is equipped with an orange laser blaster.
- When firing the Orange Beam, the sound from the Sunflower's Sunbeam can be heard.
- Coincidentally, Citron's Orange Beam also looks like Sunflower's Sunbeam.
- The sentence, "He's here to chew bubblegum and kick Z-Mech butt, and he's all out of bubblegum" is a reference to a scene from the 1988 dystopian sci-fi action movie They Live.
- When the player customizes Citron, they can transform Citron into Ball Mode.
- The player can also customize the looks of Citron whilst in his Ball Mode.
- In the January 2016 patch, Citron's weapon now overheats faster. In addition, his Peel Shield now absorbs 75 damage rather than 100.
- According to Gary Clay, Citron and Future Cactus are best friends and bounty hunting rivals in the future.
- In Assault Mode, he is the slowest base character in the game.
- He and Citrus Cactus are the only plants based on oranges. Though Citrus Cactus doesn't return in Garden Warfare 2.
- He is one of the four classes to have two Legendary variants (Iron Citron, Party Citron), with the others being Super Brainz (Toxic Brainz, Party Brainz), Kernel Corn (Party Corn, Commando Corn), and Imp (Party Imp, Scallywag Imp).
- Coincidentally, the former two characters are also the only classes to not have a fire variant yet.
- Citron is the only playable Plant class with a weapon that overheats, other than Torchwood and some variants of Chomper.
- In trailers, he had 32 ammo, different ability icons and his weapon name was "Orange Laser" instead of "Orange Beam."
- Electro Citron is the only variant that actually has 32 ammo in the final release. Though it was later changed to 24 ammo.