- For other versions, see Chomper (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When played: Destroy a Zombie here with 3 or less.|
|A free buffet? How kind! Don't mind if I do!|
Chomper is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 4 to play, and has 2/1. It has no traits, and its ability instantly destroys a zombie with 3 or less in its lane when played.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flytrap Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Destroy a Zombie here with 3 or less.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
A free buffet? How kind! Don't mind if I do!
Chomper is useful for instantly clearing weaker but nonetheless dangerous zombies such as Zombie King and Team Mascot. However, its low stats make it rather bad for combat, so boosting tricks aren't really recommended.
Chomper's usefulness diminishes quickly in the late-game, when there are many powerful zombies that Chomper cannot handle, like Deep Sea Gargantuar or Knight of the Living Dead (in fact, Chomper cannot even touch Knight of the Living Dead). Therefore, you should play it as soon as you see a threat.
There is no real counter to Chomper's ability aside from having zombies with 4 or more strength. Set up a backup plan in case it destroys one of your key zombies. The good thing, however, is that Chomper is terrible at combat due to its low stats, so after its ability activates, you can destroy it easily.
- In the dojo that is the location for Nightcap's missions like When Fungi Attack!, there are three statues of Chomper near where the zombie hero stands.
- Originally, Chomper was a Mega-Grow plant, but was changed to a Solar plant for unknown reasons.