Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chomp Thing is a variant of the Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He was introduced in the Legends of the Lawn DLC in Garden Warfare. His main ability is to regenerate health slightly faster than normal (in Garden Warfare)/ regenerating health almost immediately after taking damage (in Garden Warfare 2) and have a slightly increased regeneration speed.
In Garden Warfare 2, a single Chomp Thing appears as a boss in the "League of Awesome" quest, in which he has eaten Toxic Brainz and must be defeated in order to continue the said quest. Due to being a champion, he has more health than the average Chomp Thing (as he can withstand one ZPG shot without being vanquished).
Chomp Thing might seem kind of gross to you and me. After all, what kind of Plant spews mud and dirt and bugs? Well Chomp Thing doesn't care what you think! He thinks he's the best!
Chomp Thing can regenerate his health slightly faster than your average Chomper!
The primary weapon of the Chomp Thing is Swamp Spray. It deals 7.5 damage, and hits much more rapidly than other spray attacks. This variant also regenerates health sooner and faster than normal. He receives a damage upgrade to his primary weapon, unlike other Chompers.
Goop is Chompers' only "ranged" attack, purple goo is spit out. If an enemy is directly hit, they will take light amounts of damage over time, obtain lower speed (including turning around), and preventing the use of their abilities, making the zombie an easy target to chomp.
Burrow allows the Chomper burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly or to ambush zombies. Can easily be countered by Engineer's Sonic Grenade. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Not moving will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. The player may remain motionless once activating Burrow for approximately 15 seconds before being forced back to the surface.
Chomper deploys a Spikeweed, which snare zombies that step on it, making it defenseless from its adversaries and hung upside-down (deals 25x2 damage) for a short period of time or until being vanquished. Any zombies using improvised armor will have their armor destroyed by being caught in a Spikeweed, leaving them vulnerable. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies. The player can have three Spikeweeds.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop renders an enemy zombie unable to move, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is twice of the normal goop and its damage is halved.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is just like Burrow, but faster and leaves the player underground with a shorter time.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
Cheesy Goop (GW exclusive)
An alternate ability of Goop that is orange in color, Cheesy Goop does double damage but recharges half as fast.
Chesterweed (GW exclusive)
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Chesterweed is identical to Spiky Spikeweed except for its orange appearance. The player can only have two Chesterweeds.
Rainbow Warp (GW2, Unicorn Chomper only)
Chomp Cannon (GW2 Exclusive)
The Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather deals a great amount of damage. This is useful for attacking Foot Soldiers on the rooftops.
Pull yourself around a little faster with stronger vines!
Extra mud helps you digest faster!
Larger bugs do more damage!
In the presence of the fast regeneration, Chomp Thing is a stealthy chomper, along with Count Chompula. Try to hide around corners, and attack the lone zombies or swallow zombies that are dragging behind in zombie groups. It is advised you to get the regeneration upgrade, for the quick regeneration time ability along with said upgrade results in quick recovery or escapes.
- His appearance and name are references to the DC Comics superhero Swamp Thing.
- He is one of the five Chomper variants whose stem and leaves have different colors. The others are Count Chompula, Hot Rod Chomper, Armor Chomper, and Chester Chomper.
- He is the only Chomper variant that has no thorns in his stem.
- The damage upgrade also serves as a health upgrade giving 25 more health alongside the extra damage. This is the only Chomper variant to have such an upgrade.
- He is the only spray Chomper that does not cause a status effect.
- He and Hot Rod Chomper are the only Chompers with 100 health in Garden Warfare and 125 health in Garden Warfare 2.
- He is the only Chomper variant to have received a majority of buffs during the content updates of Garden Warfare 2, considering that he was one of the worst variants ever in the first game. The following applies to the buffs Chomp Thing received:
- In the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC, his health regeneration matched his in-game description, in which he now restores health faster than other Chompers.
- In the Trouble In Zombopolis: Part One DLC, he now regenerates health almost immediately after taking damage.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part Two DLC, his spray now does more damage and has decreased effectiveness of overheat.
- In the Trials of Gnomus DLC, his health regeneration was increased from 50% to 75%, and his health was increased to 135.
- This makes Chomp Thing the only character in the game to have their basic health not a multiple of 25.