|Abilities||When played: Freeze a Zombie.|
|"It's not easy being both hot *and* cold. A comfortable lukewarm might be nice for a change."|
Chilly Pepper is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 3 to play, and has 2/1. It has no traits, and its ability gives the Freeze effect to a selected zombie when it is played.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Pepper Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Freeze a Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"It's not easy being both hot *and* cold. A comfortable lukewarm might be nice for a change."
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Uncommon
- Replaced Snow Pea in the Green Shadow Ally Pack.
Despite having low stats, Chilly Pepper's ability to Freeze a zombie and the capability to attack zombies itself can help you if used correctly, as it gives you a chance to heavily cripple, and even destroy a zombie while it is completely vulnerable. A good zombie to activate its ability on is Tennis Champ or Mini-Ninja, as it makes them unable to hit you and let a plant, most likely itself, destroy them easily due to their pitiful health.
This plant is very helpful in conjunction with Snowdrop and Winter Squash, as it activates both their abilities instantly. However, Iceberg Lettuce is a much cheaper alternative if you are playing it to only Freeze a zombie, so take this as an Iceberg Lettuce with an extra plant.
Rescue Radish is a good plant to use with this, as it allows you play this once more to Freeze another zombie.
Due to the low amount of health it has at 1, the player should have no difficulties in defeating it with any damaging zombie card. If there is a zombie in a tight situation due to being frozen from Chilly Pepper's ability, simply heal it with Medic or play health-boosting tricks such as Vitamin Z to keep it alive for an extra turn for it to be defrosted.
- Its tone on the Green Shadow Ally Pack and the Rose Hero Pack shows it smiling, while it is frowning in the gameplay.
- It is the only new plant from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures to return in this game.
- It is the only pepper plant in the Smarty class.