|Time to harvest||12 hours|
|Unlocked||Reclaiming The Chilly Lot|
Chilly Pepper's name is a portmanteau of the chili pepper, a species of pepper, and the homonym "chilly," meaning cold.
He looks cold, but maybe he's hiding an explosive temper. Or, he could just be really cold.
There is not much a difference between Jalapeño other than the larger cost and expensiveness of coins. The Chilly Pepper is implemented to take care of Gas Can Zombie. But because a Snow Pea can do so multiple times, and it is cheaper, so it is much more advised to use one. The Chilly Pepper can however, be used as a third instant kill if you want to have Cherry Bomb, Jalapeño, and itself in one level for a faster use of instant-use plants to stall down time. It is possible to use a Chilly Pepper, instead of Jalapeño to damage and temporally freeze Gargantuar Zombies, although it is recommended to time the activation so that the Gargantuar Zombie is not frozen where he is barely hit by anything. Do not use the Chilly Pepper against Ice Block Zombies, as they are totally immune to the explosion while they are still in their ice block.
- When it was about to explode, it looked like it was sneezing.
- It, Pepper-pult, and Ghost Pepper are the only pepper plants that do not explode into fire.
- It, along with Bamboo Shoot, had the longest time to harvest.
- It, Jalapeño, Ghost Pepper, and Pepper-pult are the only peppers in the series (excluding China versions).
- It is the only plant from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures to be included in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as a fighter, namely, as the Chilly Pepper card.