Chieftain is a zombie appearing in special missions of Garden Ops in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. The player needs to vanquish three Chieftains to complete the mission before time runs out. Each time the player vanquishes the Chieftain, the team's time will be extended. After vanquishing the third Chieftain, the mission will be completed. Each chieftain, while alive, will be marked on the HUD with a unique symbol, specifically, a purple zombie head surrounded by a purple target.
- The Chieftain wears a large papakha with Viking horns and has a black beard.
- The hat, in game, is known as "Buffalo" while the beard is a facial hair going under the name "Full".
- The Chieftain actually speaks in the Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare PC trailer, making him the second of three zombies which can talk in the entire series, with the first being Dr. Zomboss and the third being Baron von Bats.
- The Chieftain is actually a customized General Supremo. But sometimes in lower difficulties, he appears as a normal Foot Soldier.
- These zombies are very similar to the Champions, specifically the Champion Foot Soldiers, that appear in this game's sequel, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- Surprisingly, these zombies do not appear anywhere in Garden Warfare 2.