- For other versions, see Cherry Bomb.
Cherry Bomb is a premium super-rare plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 6 to play, and its ability does 4 damage to a selected zombie and those in the lanes adjacent to it if there are any.
Its appearance resembles the one in Plants vs. Zombies than the one in Plants vs. Zombies 2. However, its face is the opposite: it resembles its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart more.
The word "Cha-Boof!" that is seen when it explodes references Cherry Bomb's explosion onomatopoeia from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Its description is a reference to its Suburban Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Trick
- Ability: Do 4 damage to each zombie here and next door.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
Explode? Detonate? ... Explodonate!
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
It is a very decent trick, as it can destroy most early game zombies in a 3-lane scenario. While you can get something better to deal with your opponent with 6 sun, it can be played to remove a small group of low-health zombies that do heavy damage without your plants engaging in combat against them.
It can also be paired up with Sergeant Strongberry, as he will do 2 extra damage to zombies after Cherry Bomb hurts them, doing six damage to all of the targeted zombies. This can prove very effective in dealing with threatening Amphibious zombies such as Walrus Rider or Hover-Goat 3000, although Berry Blast and Sizzle are more cost-efficient if the Amphibious zombie is the only one you need to remove. Another effective strategy is to use it with High-Voltage Currant, which can be boosted up to three times when used correctly. However, you must improve High-Voltage Currant's survivability first due to their low health.
Do not play Cherry Bomb on the first or fifth lane, since its ability will be less effective.
Try to spread out your strong fighters if you think this will be played so Cherry Bomb can't hit them all at once. You can also play Ra Zombie or Defensive End to stall it from being played, but these solutions may not last long, so be prepared. Otherwise, you cannot counter this as it is a trick, even bypassing the Untrickable trait due to a glitch, so just try to keep your zombies as healthy as possible, although this will be troublesome for swarm decks if they can't defeat or severely damage your opponent before turn 6, especially for heroes such as Impfinity who don't have many high-health or health-boosting cards.
You can also rely on playing Gravestone zombies to ensure protection from Cherry Bomb, while Mixed-Up Gravedigger can allow all zombies to be immune to Cherry Bomb for a turn. Zombie Coach can also help if you are using a sports deck.
It should not be as threatening later in a game, as you will probably have access to zombie fighters that can survive Cherry Bomb's damage, especially zombies like Octo Zombie or Zombot Plank Walker.
- At the beach that is the location for missions like Attack of the Tentacles!, on the right of the field there are three surfboards. On one surfboard is a picture of a Cherry Bomb.
- This, Squash and Iceberg Lettuce are the only plant tricks present in the Multiplayer menu.
- When the player views Cherry Bomb's statistics, it makes a ticking noise similar to a time bomb.
- Despite being in the berry tribe, real-life cherries are drupes rather than berries.
- Cherry Bomb is currently glitched. Cherry Bomb cannot damage Untrickable zombies on the lane it is played, but it does damage zombies with said trait next door.