|Abilities||Do 4 damage to each Zombie here and next door.|
|Explode? Detonate? ... Explodonate!|
- For other versions, see Cherry Bomb.
Cherry Bomb is a premium super-rare plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 6 to play, and its ability does 4 damage to a selected zombie and those on the lanes adjacent to it, if there are any.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Trick
- Ability: Do 4 damage to each zombie here and next door.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
Explode? Detonate? ... Explodonate!
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
It is a very decent trick, as it can destroy most early game zombies in a 3 lane scenario. However, for 6 sun you can get something better to deal with the opposing hero, though it can be used as last resort that a lane is mauled with weak zombies that deal heavy damage.
It can also be paired up with Sergeant Strongberry, as the latter will deal two extra damage to zombies that Cherry Bomb hurts, doing six damage to all of the targeted zombies. This can prove very effective in dealing with Amphibious zombies such as Zombot Sharktronic Sub or Zombot Plank Walker. Another effective strategy is to use it with High-Voltage Currant, which can be boosted up to three times when used correctly.
Try to spread out your strong fighters if you think this will be played so Cherry Bomb can't hit them all at once. You can also play Ra Zombie or Defensive End to stall it from being played, but these solutions may not last long, so be prepared. Otherwise, you cannot counter this as it is a trick, so just try to keep your zombies as healthy as possible, although this will be troublesome for heroes such as Impfinity who don't have many health boosting cards.
It should not be as threatening later in a game, as you will probably have access to zombie fighters that can survive Cherry Bomb's damage.
- Its description is a reference to Cherry Bomb's Suburban Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Additionally, its appearance is heavily based on its appearance from that entry in the series.
- In this game however, it explodes differently, sending its juices flying everywhere.
- The word "Cha-Boof!" when it explodes references Cherry Bomb's explosion onomatopoeia from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- At the beach that is the location for missions like Attack of the Tentacles!, on the right of the field there are three surfboards. On one surfboard is a picture of a Cherry Bomb.
- This, Squash and Iceberg Lettuce are the only plant tricks present in the Multiplayer menu.
- Its body is similar to its series from Plants vs. Zombies, while its face is similar to its series from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- When the player views Cherry Bomb's statistics, it makes a ticking noise similar to a time bomb.
- Despite being in the berry tribe, real-life cherries are drupes rather than berries.