Centurion is a Super Rare Foot Soldier variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It has a semi-automatic weapon that deals fire damage over time. It was added in the Legends of the Lawn DLC.
The Centurion Zombie is a legendary hero, and champion of countless battles. Or so he'd have you believe... The truth is, he bought his armor from a costume shop, his helmet is made out of an old broom, and his cape? Just some drapes he ripped off the wall.
Centurion's fiery crossbow ignites Plants, dealing fire damage over time.
The primary weapon of the Centurion is the Flame Bolt. It deals 12 (14 when upgraded) impact damage and 15 (17 when upgraded) critical damage close range.
At mid range, it deals 9 (10 when upgraded) impact damage and 13 (15 when upgraded).
At long range, it deals 8 impact damage and 9 (10 when upgraded) critical damage. It also deals fire damage on plants that are hit for 3x5 damage.
ZPG fires an extremely powerful projectile that explodes on impact. It requires a 25-second recharge after use.
Rocket Jump will launch the zombie high into the air. It is very useful for gaining an elevated advantage. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
Zombie Stink Cloud
Zombie Stink Cloud arcs a gas grenade in front of the zombie; any plants inside the gas suffer damage. The gas is also extremely helpful for cover. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
An alternate ability of ZPG, the Foot Soldier will launch four rockets to attack plants upon using the Multi-Rocket.
An alternate ability of Rocket Jump, the Foot Soldier will go a further distance, but will not jump as high. Rocket Leap also has two uses.
Super Stink Cloud
An alternate ability of Zombie Stink Cloud, Super Stink Cloud lasts shorter but does more damage than the Zombie Stink Cloud.
Without the constant threat of burnt fingers, the Centurion's reload speeds have been improved.
More efficient charcoal-stacking techniques allow for more shots in every clip.
Dousing each piece of charcoal in liquid BBQ starter results in hotter shots, and more damage!
- Centurion and the Paleontologist were the last two characters added to complete the fire set.
- A glitch in the game sometimes causes the "Vanquished By" weapon area say "Flame Pulse," when the weapon should be called "Flame Bolt." Flame Pulse is actually the Fire Flower's primary weapon.
- Centurion, Super Commando, and Painter are the only zombies that use crossbows as their weapons.
- It is the only zombie listed above to not have its primary weapon being named with "Crossbow."
- Even though the reload speed upgrade shows oven gloves, Centurion does not have oven gloves on to reload.
- It has the third lowest max ammo capacity of all the Foot Soldier variants, with the first being the Tank Commander, the second being Super Commando.
- Its helmet resembles a Customization item of the Cactus, hence both being named "Centurion." However, the Cactus helmet was added before any DLC was released.
- Centurion, Tank Commander, and Camo Ranger are the only Foot Soldier variants that don't utilize constant-fire weaponry.
- Centurion is the only Foot Soldier variant with one word in its name.
- Centurion, Camo Ranger and Park Ranger are the only Foot Soldier variants that have two shoes.
- Although, one shoe has wings on it while the other is missing them.
- The Centurion has the highest accuracy out of all the Foot Soldier variants.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part Two DLC, Centurion had its ranged damage increased from 8 to 10.