Centurion is a Super Rare Foot Soldier variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He has a semi-automatic weapon that deals fire damage over time. He was added in the Legends of the Lawn DLC.
The Centurion Zombie is a legendary hero, and champion of countless battles. Or so he'd have you believe... The truth is, he bought his armor from a costume shop, his helmet is made out of an old broom, and his cape? Just some drapes he ripped off the wall.
Centurion's fiery crossbow ignites Plants, dealing fire damage over time.
The primary weapon of the Centurion is the Flame Bolt. It deals 12 (14 when upgraded) impact damage and 15 (17 when upgraded) critical damage close range.
At mid range, it deals 9 (10 when upgraded) impact damage and 13 (15 when upgraded).
At long range, it deals 8 impact damage and 9 (10 when upgraded) critical damage. It also deals fire damage on plants that are hit for 3x5 damage.
ZPG fires an extremely powerful projectile that explodes on impact. It requires a 25-second recharge after use.
Rocket Jump will launch the zombie high into the air. It is very useful for gaining an elevated advantage. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
Zombie Stink Cloud
Zombie Stink Cloud arcs a gas grenade in front of the zombie; any plants inside the gas suffer damage. The gas is also extremely helpful for cover. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
An alternate ability of ZPG, the Foot Soldier will launch four rockets to attack plants upon using the Multi-Rocket.
An alternate ability of Rocket Jump, the Foot Soldier will go a further distance, but will not jump as high. Rocket Leap also has two uses.
Super Stink Cloud
An alternate ability of Zombie Stink Cloud, Super Stink Cloud lasts shorter but does more damage than the Zombie Stink Cloud.
Without the constant threat of burnt fingers, the Centurion's reload speeds have been improved.
More efficient charcoal-stacking techniques allow for more shots in every clip.
Dousing each piece of charcoal in liquid BBQ starter results in hotter shots, and more damage!
- ▲ Ranged damage was increased from 8 to 10.
- He and the Paleontologist were the last two characters added to complete the fire set in the Legends of the Lawn DLC in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- A glitch in the game sometimes causes the "Vanquished By" weapon area say "Flame Pulse," when the weapon should be called "Flame Bolt." Flame Pulse is actually the Fire Flower's primary weapon.
- This same glitch also happens with Electro Pea, except it is Electric Needle instead of Electro Cannon. Electric Needle is Power Cactus's primary weapon.
- The Pylon Mech's Drag Race is also mistaken as Sprint Tackle which is an All-Star ability
- Both of Captain Squawk's weapons, the Flem Thrower and the Gull Blaster, are also mistaken as Toxic Fists and Toxic Beam depending on the weapon used to vanquish the plant. Both of the aforementioned primary weapons are Toxic Brainz's primary weapons.
- He, Super Commando, and Painter are the only zombies that use crossbows as their weapons.
- He is the only zombie listed above to not have his primary weapon being named with "Crossbow."
- Even though the reload speed upgrade shows oven gloves, Centurion does not have oven gloves on to reload.
- He has the fourth lowest max ammo capacity of all the Foot Soldier variants, with the first being the Tank Commander, the second being Scuba Soldier, and the third being Super Commando.
- His helmet resembles a Customization item of the Cactus, hence both being named "Centurion." However, the Cactus helmet was added since the game was released.
- He, Tank Commander, and Camo Ranger are the only Foot Soldier variants that don't utilize constant-fire weaponry.
- He is the only Foot Soldier variant with one word in his name.
- He, Camo Ranger and Park Ranger are the only Foot Soldier variants that have two shoes.
- Although, one shoe has wings on it while the other is missing them.