|In-game speed||Speedy, then Stiff|
|Special|| Launches a Knight Zombie when it meets a plant|
Cavalry Zombie becomes Stiff after launching
|First seen||Dark Ages - Night 20|
|Cavalry Zombie is one of the few zombies who have pride and glory in his mind, so he does not allow others to know why did he became a zombie. And the reason is.... A famous zombie philosopher said: "Those who drown are the ones that can swim..."|
Cavalry Zombie (骑兵僵尸; pinyin: qíbīng jiāngshī) is a zombie encountered in Dark Ages in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He is a Knight Zombie riding a horse and carrying a lance. He jousts towards the player's plants and launches his rider off his back once he approaches a plant, similarly to the Zombie Bull. The Knight Zombie will also leave his lance upon doing so and the lance itself will behave like a tombstone, which instantly kills the first plant in where it is placed, similar to the Surfer Zombie's surfboard. He is an environment modifier.
The Knight Zombie wears a knight helm for protection against threats. Rather than wearing a full knight gear, he wears a standard peasant outfit instead. He holds a lance on his left hand and once he is launched by his horse, he will stab a certain plant while the Knight Zombie performs a unique jumping animation. His horse is black, has blue-green colored hairs and a tail on him, and has pink banners on his rear and front legs with red linings. The rear one holds a brain logo on while on his front legs, three black circle spots exist on him.
Can launch his zombie rider past most of your defenses.
Cavalry Zombie is one of the few zombies who have pride and glory in his mind, so he does not allow others to know why did he became a zombie. And the reason is....
A famous zombie philosopher said: "Those who drown are the ones than can swim..."
Cavalry Zombie absorbs 65 normal damage shots and he has no degrades when not separated. The Zombie Horse absorbs 65 normal damage shots and the Knight Zombie absorbs 90 normal damage shots.
This is a very dangerous zombie. When he appears, plant a Puff-shroom to slow him down. You can also use freezing plants, such as Iceberg Lettuce, or a Kernel-pult. As his Knight Zombie gets launched, there will be a lance placed on your lanes, which cannot be planted on unless he is destroyed and can absorb hits just like Surfer Zombie's surfboard. Be sure to use a Magnet-shroom near a Tall-nut, because knight helmets are harder to destroy than buckets. If combined with Jester Zombies, Zombie Kings, Wizard Zombies, and Dark Ages Gargantuars, they can be very problematic across your defenses, causing massive destruction on your lawn. His Zombie Horse can start eating your plants, much like the Zombie Bull in Wild West. You should have Fume-shrooms, Tall-nuts, Coconut Cannons, Snapdragons, Laser Beans, and Starfruits at your disposal to prevent massive destruction from happening.
If you have a very solid defense however, place a Puff-shroom at the 8th lane to make him launch his knight early.
Do not let this zombie throw his Knight Zombie inside your defenses or you will lose very quickly, because the Knight Zombie is extremely difficult to destroy without instant kills especially if he gets thrown to the hindmost lanes, though he can also be countered with Hurrikale.
- He is similar to Zombie Bull and Hound Bot Zombie, as both charge at the player's defenses, sharing the same gimmick.
- Unlike these, he is not a robot.
- Even though the horse is separated from Cavalry Zombie, he does not have his own Almanac entry, unlike the Zombie Bull and his rider.
- Blover cannot blow away the Knight Zombie hurled by the Cavalry Zombie while airborne.
- He is basically a combination of the Zombie Bull, Surfer Zombie, and Knight Zombie.
- He is based on the medieval sport of jousting, although he lacks a blunted tip.
- The horse carries the plant food although both the horse and his rider are glowing before the launch.
- He is one of the three new zombies introduced in the Chinese Dark Ages. The other two being Archmage Zombie and Rogue Zombie.
- His almanac entry suggests that Cavalry Zombie became a zombie by drowning.