Spores and Fumes. They are Plants that are active at Night and sleep during the Day. They can be woken up during the day by having a Coffee Bean planted on them.
- Mushrooms are not classified as plants in real life. They are classified as fungi, which are in real life closer to animals than plants.
- Fume-shrooms and Magnet-shrooms are the only mushrooms that can be upgraded, however, only the Gloom-shroom is a mushroom. Gold Magnet is a normal plant.
- Puff-shrooms and Sea-shrooms are the only mushrooms (or plants for that matter) that cost no sun in the game.
- There is an Achievement called No Fungus Among Us which requires to complete a nighttime level without using mushrooms.
- There is also an Achievement called Good Morning which requires to complete a daytime level with only planting mushrooms and Coffee Beans.
- All mushrooms have the disadvantage of falling asleep during the day.
- Sea-shroom is the only aquatic mushroom.
- In real life, however, there are no aquatic fungi.
- It looks like all the Mushrooms stretch when the Coffee Bean is planted on them.