|The cat on the left is a Z-Tube celebrity.|
Cat Lady is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. It costs 1 to play, and has 4. Its effect gives it +3 every time a Pet is played, but for that turn only.
Also, in the mission KO at the OK Arcade, the player starts with a Cat Lady in the first lane in every battle except for the Boss Battle, which the Cat Lady will be in the third lane.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Effect: This gets +3 this turn when you play a Pet.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
The cat on the left is a Z-Tube celebrity.
Cat Lady on its own is not very useful, as it has no strength points. However, the amount of health that it has makes it able to resist weak plant attacks.
Cat Lady really shines in a deck filled with Pet cards, as it gains strength points and will be able to attack plants. However, the downside is that it can only gain strength points for only one turn, then you'll have to play some more Pets again. So, don't play too many Pets in one turn, as you may find yourself in a lack of Pet cards when you really need it. Because of this, the player should try and boost its strength points so that it can attack without the need of Pet cards, such as using Loudmouth, Galvanize, Vitamin Z, Zookeeper, and Maniacal Laugh.
Brain Freeze can boost Cat Lady much more easily, as two of his Superpowers, Frozen Tundra and Dolphinado, are Pet tricks. He can use either tricks to buff Cat Lady and do 3 direct damage to the plant hero, or do damage a plant in front of Cat Lady. Immorticia's signature superpower will boost Cat Lady twice, once for the pet trick and once for the Zom-Bats summoned.
Cat Lady is only formidable if the zombie hero uses Pet cards, which most likely they will. If they use Cat Lady first, consider attacking, then dealing with it once a Pet card is used. However, attacking Cat Lady early could also be beneficial, as it won't be much of a hassle to destroy after. Additionally, bouncing Cat Lady with Spring Bean or any other bouncing effect when it gets a strength boost is recommended, as it will not have the strength when placed back again.
If the player is using Rose, beware using Goatify if there is a Cat Lady on the field, as it will still gain more strength due to it becoming a Pet card. But if Cat Lady is the zombie with the highest strength, and there isn't any other Cat Ladies or Zookeepers on the field, then you are free to use it.
- It is based of the "cat lady" stereotype, which is most often used to refer to elderly women who own a large number of cats.
- The 'Z-Tube' mentioned in its description is a parody of YouTube.
- This zombie is the second time Cat Ladies have been mentioned in the Plants vs. Zombies series. The first is in the Almanac description for the Octo Zombie.
- She might be based on Eleanor Abernathy, better known as The Cat Lady, from The Simpsons.
- In the advertisements for Brain Freeze's Ally Pack and Hero Pack, and on the packs themselves, Cat Lady is seen with a black cat on its head. This cat only appears when it gains strength via a Pet card or when it attacks.