Cat Lady is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. She costs 1 to play, and has 4. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives her +3 every time a pet is played, but only for the turn that pet is played.
In the mission KO at the OK Arcade, the player starts with a Cat Lady on the first lane in every battle except for the Boss Battle, in which the Cat Lady is on the middle lane.
She is based on the "cat lady" stereotype, which is most often used to refer to elderly women who own a large number of cats, specifically Eleanor Abernathy, better known as The Cat Lady from The Simpsons.
The "Z-Tube" mentioned in her description is a parody of the online site YouTube. Her description also references the many cat videos that are on YouTube, and how cat videos are popular and often associated with YouTube.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: This gets +3 this turn when you play a Pet.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
The cat on the left is a Z-Tube celebrity.
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
Cat Lady on her own is not very useful, as she has no strength points. However, the amount of health that she has makes her able to resist weak plant attacks.
Cat Lady really shines in a deck filled with pet cards, as she gains strength and will be able to attack plants. However, the downside is that the strength she gains lasts for only one turn, then you'll have to play some more pets on the next turn. So, don't play too many pets in one turn, as you may find yourself in a lack of pet cards when you really need it. Because of this, the player should try and boost her strength so that she can attack without the need of pet cards, such as using Loudmouth, Galvanize, Vitamin Z, Zookeeper, and Maniacal Laugh.
Brain Freeze can boost Cat Lady much more easily, as two of his superpowers, Frozen Tundra and Dolphinado, are both pet tricks. He can use either of the tricks to boost Cat Lady and do 3 direct damage to the plant hero, or easily remove a plant in front of Cat Lady. He can also use Bouncing cards such as Pogo Bouncer to remove any plants blocking her so she can land a hit on your opponent. Immorticia's signature superpower Witch's Familiar will boost Cat Lady twice, once for it being played and once more when the Zom-Bats are made from it.
Cat Lady is only formidable if the zombie hero uses pet cards, which most likely they will. If they use Cat Lady first, consider attacking, then dealing with her once a pet card is used. However, attacking Cat Lady early could also be beneficial, as she won't be much of a hassle to destroy after. Additionally, Bouncing Cat Lady with Spring Bean or any other Bouncing effect when she gets a strength boost is recommended, as she will not have the strength when played back again.
If the player is playing as Rose, beware using Goatify if there is a Cat Lady on the field, as she will still gain more strength due to it becoming a pet card. But if Cat Lady is the zombie with the highest strength, and there aren't any other Cat Ladies or Zookeepers on the field, then you are free to use it.
You can also use Uncrackable, Peel Shield, or Root Wall to neutralize Cat Lady's attack when she gets out of hand. Because her ability only boosts her strength, Pecanolith can be used to render it useless. Be careful however, since she hits quite hard in this state unless hurt.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cat Lady.
- This is the second time Cat Ladies have been mentioned in the Plants vs. Zombies series. The first is in the Almanac description for the Octo Zombie.
- Her description is the second time YouTube has been referenced in the series, after YouTuber from Sunflower's almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- In the advertisements for Brain Freeze's Ally Pack and Hero Pack, and on the packs themselves, Cat Lady is seen with a black cat on her head. This cat only appears when she gains strength via a pet card or when she attacks.
- She, Mystery Egg, Orchestra Conductor, Barrel of Deadbeards, and Valkyrie are the only zombie cards that start out with no strength.
- Out of the five, Cat Lady is the only one that isn't in the Crazy class.