Carrot Missile Truck (胡萝卜导弹车; pinyin: húluóbo dǎodànchē) is an exclusive plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It fires four carrot missiles at zombies. A carrot missile is powerful enough to kill a Basic Zombie. After firing four carrot missiles, it recharges.
Note: Carrot Missile Truck's damage in-game is Heavy, and its in-game recharge is Mediocre.
Carrot Missile Truck
胡萝卜导弹车 (Carrot Missile Truck)
Sun cost: 450
Carrot Missile Truck shoots carrot missiles, dealing huge damage to zombies.
Range Details: Arc trajectory
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, it shoots a big carrot to the ground. When it is destroyed it explodes. If it hits a zombie directly, it also explodes. The carrot absorbs 20 bites and deals 90 normal damage shots in a 1x3 radius.
It now shoots a nuke that blocks more zombies.
He is very strong and deals high damage. However, he is extremely expensive, so you might want some more support.
He faces competition with Mischief Radish , due to the latter's cheaper cost and higher damage.
If you are planning to use a Level 1 Carrot Missile Truck, it is advised to use a defensive plant eg. Wall-nut, due to recharging time. However, if he is higher level, some weaker defensive plants like Primal Wall-nut or White Radish will do the trick, but still defend him as he will fire more carrots at one, although his rearming time is reduced drastically.
Carrot Missile Truck will be able to wreck havoc in the case of occasional tough Zombies, like for example Robo-Cone Zombie. Far Future is an excellent example of where Carrot Missile Truck will come handy. You should be more cautious in for example Neon Mixtape Tour, where large groupings of low health zombies will waste Carrot Missile Truck’s Carrot missiles, so when a zombie like Hair Metal Gargantuar comes out, Carrot Missile Truck will probably have only 0-2 missiles to combat the Gargantuar before he will have to enter a recharge stage. The same applies to Modern Day, where Portals will pose a huge threat to his utility.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Carrot Missile Truck.
- The missile shot by its Plant Food ability can actually be dug up to make it explode immediately.
- The Plant Food effect can actually land in the sea in Pirate Seas. This is most likely a bug.
- Its Almanac entry is referencing the character "Optimus Prime" from the Transformers series.
- Its costume also resembles Optimus Prime.
- When Plant Food is used on the Carrot Missile Truck, it makes the same noise that Cabbage-pult makes when Plant Food is used on it, the same case with Dandelion.
- It will rear back before shooting carrot missiles.
- If its plant food effect is done in Sky City, the missile will immediately explode.
- It is the first monthly special plant to appear in this game.