Captain Squawk is a Super Rare toxic variant of Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, who was added in the Frontline Fighters DLC. His close range weapon, the Flem Thrower, has unlimited ammo and acts like a toxic spray, similar to the weapon used by the Toxic Chomper, and his long range weapon, the Gull Blaster, has 1 ammo but can do big damage, similar to the Tank Commander and Iron Citron. As with most toxic variants, Captain Squawk has an aura that damages any nearby plants over time.
"One starry night when gazing from the crows nest, Captain Squawk heard the coughing of a seagull ill of scurvy. The disheveled bird offered to join the crew in exchange for a lifetime supply of spoiled fish. They've been best mates ever since."
Captain Squawk's close range spray and very powerful long range sniper shot deal toxic damage to Plants!
An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Squawk creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time. This replaces the Zombot Drone from the first game.
Captain Squawk will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo.
Captain Squawk summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. The barrel also gives Captain Deadbeard reduced damage whilst he is in it.
Captain Squawk excels in long range. His Gull Blaster does 37 upon impact and 47 for a critical, which is powerful. However, you must remember that he only has one bullet, so accuracy is very necessary. It is wise to shoot from afar and hide when reloading since the plants might realize where you are shooting from and run away or attack.
Captain Squawk also has his short ranged weapon, the Flem Thrower, which deals around 3-5 damage. The Flem Thrower is weak so it is wise to use it in certain situations to finish off a weak plant or a low health plant or use it to clear objective points.
If you see one, it is wise to take him out since he can be dangerous at long range. In close range, however, he is not that much of a big threat since his Flem Thrower is weak though he still has Barrel Blast to take care of that disadvantage.
- ▲ Decreased reticle bloom
- ▲ Increased accuracy within his reticle space.
- His short-ranged weapon, the Flem Thrower, is a portmanteau of the words "flem" (or "phlegm") and "flamethrower."
- The name of his long-ranged weapon, the Gull Blaster, is a portmanteau of the words "gull," "blaster," and "gallbladder." The gallbladder is an organ in the body which holds bile to break down fats and may be the ammo which shoots out of the Seagull's mouth.
- There is a glitch that when you get vanquished the "Vanquished By" section and the vanquish feed says either "Toxic Fists" or "Toxic Beam" depending on which weapon you were vanquished by. Both of the aforementioned primary weapons are actually Toxic Brainz's weapons.
- If you get vanquished by the direct impact of the long range weapon, it will use the correct name.