"Captain Sharkbite is crusty, even by Deadbeard's standard. I mean, come on! He's covered in seaweed! You're embarrassing yourself, Sharkbite."
"Hold and release zoom to switch between a bitey shark, and a long-range laser!"
An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Sharkbite creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time. This replaces the Zombot Drone from the first game.
Captain Sharkbite will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo. Direct hits deal more damage, but splash damage is also an attribute.
Captain Sharkbite summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. The barrel also gives Captain Deadbeard reduced damage whilst he is in it. Also, Chompers that attack using the Burrow ability will only destroy the barrel, leaving Deadbeard unharmed.
Captain Sharkbite is a very powerful sniper class, despite his slower rate of fire. His Shark Laser weapon has an incredibly fast projectile that does a high amount of damage on head shot or body shot, with a helpful addition of splash damage. Many long range plants will try to attack you since your damage is very high and threatening to any plant player that isn't behind cover at all times, so exercise caution as you play as Captain Sharkbite, and make use of his abilities such as Barrel Blast and Cannon Rodeo to keep yourself protected against most close range threats. Captain Sharkbite is also the only Deadbeard to have a close range weapon that only takes one ammo, so if the situation calls for it, you will not be in danger of losing ammo too quickly and your close range weapon also has an incredibly high fire rate as well, but much lower damage.
Captain Sharkbite is a very dangerous opponent, priority should be put on him above all else if you're playing as a long ranged class, as he will decimate your team as they move up to the graveyard to capture or when they try to defend the garden. If you're not in a suitable position to deal with Sharkbite, stay behind cover at all times until your snipers defeat him, his weapon deals very high amounts of damage with ease, so exercise caution at all times if you plan to go out in the open against this dangerous threat. Try to catch him while he is busy with Chomper's Burrow ability for a quick vanquish.
- ▼ Reduced explosion damage from 16 – 10
- ▼ Reduced magazine capacity from 14 – 10
- He was the only Captain Deadbeard variant to be unlockable in the beta.
- He, Petrified Cactus, Zoologist, Park Ranger, and S.H.R.IMP are the only variants that have live animals on them without customization.
- In the beta, he actually used Captain Cannon's weapon, the Extend-o-cannon, in which he was once the manual detonation variant of the Captain Deadbeard class.
- The AI version of Captain Sharkbite that appears in the Backyard Battleground in the Beta uses his proper long-range weapon, the Shark Laser.
- He shares part of his name with a map in the original Garden Warfare, "Sharkbite Shores."
- He is the only Captain Deadbeard variant that only consumes one ammo with his close-ranged weapon.