|Variant of||Captain Deadbeard|
| Party Scattershot (short range)|
Party Spyglass (long range)
|Abilities|| Party Time!|
Captain Partyman is a Legendary variant of Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like all Party variants, he has the Legendary ability "Party Time!", that gives Captain Partyman a temporary speed and damage boost when the Party Time! meter fills up. Like all Legendary variants, only two stickers are required to unlock him.
However, like other party variants, Captain Partyman cannot be obtained through sticker packs, but instead the player must open Infinite Infinity Chests in Infinity Time until they unlock him, meaning the player must get at least 15,000 Time Shards or more.
With a name like Captain Partyman, you know he's down to get funky. You wouldn't think it by looking at him, but he can spin on his peg leg for almost an entire minute, uninterrupted.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
Party Time is the Legendary ability of Captain Partyman. Passively, getting vanquishes fills up the bar for Party Time!, which when filled up, it will activate Party Time!, giving Captain Partyman a temporary speed and damage boost. Like other variants, Party Time! is not extended by vanquishes made during Party Time!, meaning that it will always last a fixed amount of time.
An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Partyman creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time.
Captain Partyman will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo.
Captain Partyman summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. The barrel also gives Captain Partyman reduced damage whilst he is in it.
Captain Partyman is an exception in the weaker Party variant list, as although his damage is still leaving much to be desired, he is very rarely in harm's way, meaning that your "Party Time!" mode will be far easier to achieve, and the increased damage is very welcome as a sniper. Play this variant as you would with Captain Deadbeard, but try to plan your "Party Time!" to when you will get the most use out of it in a situation where increased firepower is required to defeat the plants.
Captain Partyman is arguably the most dangerous Party variant when compared to the others, but not by much. His damage is slightly increased over his vanilla counterpart, and the speed increase he gains isn't necessary for a sniper unless he is in a bad situation, meaning that "Party Time!" will rarely be used to its full effectiveness for Captain Partyman. As with most Deadbeards though, don't let him survive for too long, as he will a problem to your team while they try to advance.
- ▼ Made some damage and ammo reductions to Captain Partyman
- ▼ Reduced magazine capacity from 10 – 8
- ▼ Reduced scattershot damage from 30 – 25
- Both of his primary weapons fire out confetti.
- While using Cannon Rodeo, the Party Time! meter will be pulsating, even when Party Time isn't active.
- He does not play a jam whilst Party Time is active.
- Instead, he plays an unknown theme that is similar to the one played when the player is fighting against Captain Smasher in a Boss Hunt quest.
- He is the only Party variant to not play a jam from Neon Mixtape Tour.
- Instead, the remaining jam from Plants vs. Zombies 2 that is yet to be used by the Party characters (being the 8-bit jam), is used by the Computer Scientist's Crunch Mode.
- Similar to many other Legendary variants, he is eighties-themed.
- Party Time! will be canceled if he uses Barrel Blast.
- He is the only Deadbeard variant to not have any unique weapon skins.
- He, along with Party Citron, are the only Party characters to be nerfed after the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC.
- His model is the same as the standard Deadbeard's, though stylized differently.