|Tribe||Mustache Pirate Zombie|
|Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!|
Captain Deadbeard is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He is made by Barrel of Deadbeards, but can also be made by Zombot Plank Walker, or obtained as a card from Eureka. He costs 3 to play (only when he is Bounced and/or as a card from Eureka), and has 4/3. He does not have any traits nor abilities.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Mustache Pirate Zombie
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!
- ▲ Brain cost change: 4 → 3
- ▼ Strength change: 5 → 4
Captain Deadbeard hits pretty hard and can take a chunk out of the plant hero's health, or heavily damage and destroy a majority of plants in one attack, most likely weakened by the explosion from Barrel of Deadbeards. However, if Captain Deadbeard is threatened by a plant that can destroy him, making him do a bonus attack is helpful since he has high strength.
Captain Deadbeard may look like a threat. Sure, he hits hard, but there are many cards that can destroy him in one hit, like Fire Peashooter. If Captain Deadbeard is summoned at the end of the turn, play said cards to block and destroy him. If he is summoned in the Plants Play phase, they will still survive Barrel of Deadbeards' ability and destroy Captain Deadbeard unless it is a Wild Berry or a Peashooter + Torchwood combo. A way to not defeat him, but simply render him useless is to not place any damaging plants in the lane that Barrel of Deadbeards is placed, as he is only summoned by Barrel of Deadbeards once it is destroyed.
- He is the only token pirate card.
- His description references the "Pirate's Life for Me" song from "Pirates of the Caribbean".
- He is one of the two new classes from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 that is not a playable hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, the other being Kernel Corn.
- Of the two, Captain Deadbeard is the only one that is a zombie.
- On the old title screen, the eyepatch on his hat was plain black, while in-game, his hat was black with a gray cross on it.
- On the multiplayer menu and on his old card, a Parrot Pal appears on his shoulder, but it was not there anywhere else.
- His idle sound effects also sound similar to the Parrot Pal in Garden Warfare 2, possibly hinting that it was removed at some point in development.