Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Tribe||Mustache Pirate Zombie|
|Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!|
Captain Deadbeard is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He is mainly summoned from Barrel of Deadbeards' ability and sometimes from Zombot Plank Walker's ability, but also obtained as a card from Eureka. He costs 3 to play (only when Bounced and as a card from Eureka), and has 4/3. He does not have any traits nor abilities.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Mustache Pirate Zombie
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!
- ▲ Brain cost change: 4 → 3.
- ▼ Strength change: 5 → 4.
Captain Deadbeard hits pretty hard and can take a chunk out of the plant hero's health, or heavily damage and destroy a majority of plants in one attack, most likely weakened by the explosion from Barrel of Deadbeards. However, if Captain Deadbeard is threatened by a plant that can destroy him, making him do a bonus attack is helpful since he will destroy everything that costs 4 sun (considering Solar heroes too) or less except for Winter Squash, Wall-Nut, Water Chestnut, or Hibernating Beary.
Captain Deadbeard may look like a threat. Sure, he hits hard, but there are many cards that can destroy him in one hit, like Fire Peashooter. If Captain Deadbeard is summoned at the end of the turn, play said cards to block and destroy him. If he is summoned in the Plants Play phase, they will still survive Barrel of Deadbeards' ability and destroy Captain Deadbeard unless it's a Wild Berry or a Peashooter + Torchwood combo.
Usually, the main issue with Captain Deadbeard comes from what summons him, not him himself. That is, the ability that comes with the Barrel of Deadbeards, which deals 1 damage to every plant and zombie. So, unless you are fighting him because of his card being obtained via Eureka, before you consider making a move against a Captain Deadbeard, you'll want to consider the Barrel of Deadbeards itself first.
- This is the only token card that belongs in the Pirate tribe.
- His description references the "Pirate's Life for Me" song.
- He is one of the two new classes from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 that is not a playable hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, the other being Kernel Corn.
- Of the two, Captain Deadbeard is the only one that is a zombie.
- On the old title screen, the eyepatch on its hat is plain black, while in-game, he is black with a gray cross on it.
- On the multiplayer menu and on his old card, a Parrot Pal appears on his shoulder, but it is not there anywhere else.
- His idle sound effects also sound similar to the Parrot Pal in Garden Warfare 2, possibly hinting that it was removed at some point in development.