|Tribe||Mustache Pirate Zombie|
|Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!|
Captain Deadbeard is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. It is mainly summoned from Barrel of Deadbeards's effect and sometimes from Zombot Plank Walker's effect, but also obtained as a card from Eureka. It costs 3 to play (only when Bounced and as a card from Eureka), and has 4/3. It does not have any traits nor effects.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Mustache Pirate Zombie
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!
- ▲ Brain cost change: 4 → 3.
- ▼ Strength change: 5 → 4.
Captain Deadbeard hits pretty hard and can take a chunk out of the plant hero's health, or heavily damage and destroy a majority of plants in one attack, most likely weakened by the explosion from Barrel of Deadbeards. However, if Captain Deadbeard is threatened by a plant that can destroy it, making it do a bonus attack is helpful since it will destroy everything that costs 4 sun (considering Solar heroes too) or less except for Winter Squash, Wall-Nut, Water Chestnut, or Hibernating Beary.
Captain Deadbeard may look like a threat. Sure, it hits hard, but there are many cards that can destroy it in one hit, like Fire Peashooter. If Captain Deadbeard is summoned at the end of the turn, play said cards to block and destroy it. If it is summoned in the Plants Play phase, they will still survive Barrel of Deadbeards's effect and destroy Captain Deadbeard unless it's a Wild Berry or a Peashooter + Torchwood combo.
- Its description references the "Pirate's Life for Me" song.
- It is one of the two new classes from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 that is not a playable hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, the other being Kernel Corn.
- On the old title screen, the eyepatch on Captain Deadbeard's hat is plain black, while in-game, it is black with a gray cross on it.
- On the multiplayer menu and on its old card, a Parrot Pal appears on his shoulder, but it isn't there anywhere else.