|Signature Superpower||Blazing Bark|
|Other Superpowers|| Meteor Strike|
Time to Shine
|If you want to see him blow his top, try calling him "Stumpy". Go on. Try it.|
Captain Combustible is the Torchwood hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. Captain Combustible leads Kabloom and Mega-Grow plants against the zombies. Captain Combustible's signature superpower is Blazing Bark, which will increase a designated plant's strength for 4.
- Classes: Kabloom, Mega-Grow
- Boss Fights:
If you want to see him blow his top, try calling him "Stumpy". Go on. Try it.
Captain Combustible contains Mega-Grow and Kabloom cards. These two types of cards are big stat boosters meaning this hero is meant for boosting his cards. A great strategy is using Re-Peat Moss along with stat boosters, most notably, Blazing Bark causing this plant to do many super powerful bonus attacks.
However, Captain Combustible has one major disadvantage, which is his lack of Amphibious cards. Because of this, it might not be a good idea to use him in levels where there are more water lanes than normal. Try to make up for it using Berry Blast, Cherry Bomb or Meteor Strike to destroy the zombies placed in water lanes, or use plants like Sour Grapes and Kernel Corn to damage them, or Whipvine and Sweet Potato to move them to a designated lane.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Captain Combustible.
- His flames are always blue, which is similar to a Torchwood fed with Plant Food in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- His eyes are always flaming, however occasionally they extinguish long enough for the player to see them.
- Captain Combustible is the only hero to have a unique color in his signature superpower cutscene (blue).
- He is likely based on Nova, a Marvel superhero.
- He bears a resemblance to Helmdall from the Marvel universe.
- His description may allude to Grumpy Stumpy, a character in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, who is also Torchwood-based.